An update to Mike's post.
It's now 10:30 AM on Tuesday and everyone at the moment is content. Mike headed to work around 9 and Landon has been relaxing and watching some videos. He has eaten a little bit of cereal (even though I tried to push the BRATS diet for all of you moms who have been through that discussion) and it seems to have agreed with him. I envy the way he can be so cute and full of life even when he has only had 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
The night turned a little more eventful as Ella woke up at 1:30 with a fever and very unhappy. We tried tylenol and lots of rocking but eventually I felt like I was the one needing the tylenol and rocking. She continued to wake up throughout the night for 30 - 45 minute segments. She is still a little warm this morning and I am completely out of ibuprofen and the tylenol as well. She has shown no signs of the same stomach problems so I hope that it won't happen to her. Landon continued to have spells all night but since all of the blueberries were gone, he wasn't productive except for keeping us on our toes. Mike took over sleeping with him and I stayed with Ella. Just so happens that tonight we were planning a date night and a babysitter for the kids. I think our datenight may just be sitting on the couch dazed and confused from a lack of sleep or a lack of appetite from last nights events.
Anyway - as for Landon's trip to the dentist - it went remarkably well. He went back and was thrilled with all of the toys and video games. He let the dentist count and clean his teeth and tried to talk the whole time. I personally liked the fact that they gave him a pair of sunglasses to wear while they shined the light in his mouth - looked kind of like a bad trip to the pool - colorful chairs, toys, kids in sunglasses and dental tools. On the way to the dentist we dropped Ella off at my sister-in-laws and Landon asked "where's Ella, I miss her?". One day I will be sure to remind him of that, and her too when she is attacking him with wet kisses or maybe some hair pulling. As for now I will soak up their lovey moments in a sponge that I can squeeze in the teen years to get me through.
2 comments:
Bananas, Rice, Apples...what's the rest of BRATS? I can never remember. Hopefully Ella is free and clear; I'll be crossing my fingers. The only think worse than a throwing up preschooler is a throwing up infant.
Wishing you an uneventful evening and LOTS of sleep.
Toast (no butter, small amount of jam or jelly ok)
Saltines-or other crackers
I only know because everyone in Derek's family is currently on this diet!
I hope you all feel better soon!!!!
Post a Comment