Thursday, May 11th
I am out of diapers for Ella and she is wearing one of Landon's size 5 diapers on her petite 11 month old bottom. She had just enough diapers to get through tomorrow morning and then she pooped unexpectedly (as if all poops are planned). I am waiting until Friday to make a Costco run, I guess that's pretty sad but I just couldn't go out again today. She doesn't seem to mind that the diaper is all the way up to her underarms. In all honesty I am waiting until tomorrow because I have a coupon that is good starting then for $3.00 off a mega huge warehouse box of diapers. Mike can only laugh at this as he says I am the coupon queen and only buy things if they are on clearance. One time I bought Mike a pair of Banana Republic Jeans at the Junior League Rummage sale and they were truly his nicest pair of jeans. Shortly after that day I caught him outside cutting grass in those jeans and ran up to him screaming "what are you doing wearing your good jeans to cut the grass?". He then reminded me that I only paid $3.00 for the jeans and that they shouldn't qualify as his "good jeans". So my husband and family have to live with my squeakiness and accept me as just one tight person.
As of now I need to go out and buy Mike some new jeans again as he has lost so much weight that all of his jeans fall off of him and he looks like a teenager wearing them around his thighs except he doesn't have the long shirts to go with them. He looks great and if anyone wants to know how he did it - his favorite Atkins diet. It goes against everything I eat but it works for him. I am carbs all the way all the time. I would eat sugary cereal with toast in the morning, a sandwich and pasta for lunch and a big plate of pasta with garlic bread for dinner. I am also a very big ice cream fan and could eat a bowl twice a day most days except it is a bad example for my children. Both Landon and Ella are fans of ice cream too with Landon's favorite being chocolate chip cookie dough and Ella's any ice cream you will give her.
Maybe we will have to go for some this weekend to celebrate mother's day.
3 comments:
Okay Miss Skinny-Minnie; that's just not fair! You have a metabolism like Tracy. Good for Mike; I should probably try the Atkins diet but I like bread way too much.
Happy Almost Mother's Day! Brooke, I gotta say that I am so proud that you didn't go to Costco on Thursday and go back on Friday just to redeem the couponed item. I know that took a lot of willpower and means you must really be tired. Oh and the carb thing - totally unfair. Miss you guys!
Brooke, Mike, Landon & Ella~
Just wanted to let you know that I am leaving for the big city of Rocky Mount on Sunday. It has been a pleasure getting to know you all this year! If you are in RM this summer, I'd love to stop by and see you guys. Have a wonderful summer! :)
Post a Comment