I know it is
Monday afternoon but I had every intention of posting on Sunday and again left my camera at dinner club. It was a busy Sunday for us with church, I had a 2 hour meeting in the afternoon, Mike had a 2 hour meeting following mine and dinner club. Needless to say after all that my brain was fried. Dinner club was great as usual but we were sorry that Amy & Delane couldn't make it. Landon ended up playing with Molly and Emma (both over 5 years old). He really wanted them to play with him but they had fun screaming and running from him. He didn't seem to understand but it didn't interfere with his fun. After he finished his few bites of hotdog and lots of cheetos he was ready to dig into some homemade ice cream (YUMMMMM). He walked up to Brian who was in the rocking chair and said "I am going to wait with you until my mommy gets my ice cream", Brian replied - "I am going to rock in my rocking chair" and Landon said "I will rock in my chair with you". It was quite a cute conversation and made for a great photo opp.Ella had a blast as well playing in the rocks and trying to eat them. Mike was a champ as I left them asleep at home with him and he was tasked with getting them up from naps and in the van to meet me so he could go to his meeting and we would exchange. Ella woke up with (as Mike puts it) a 9 out of 10 size diaper and she isn't the easiest baby to change as she flips over in .0000001 of a second as soon as you lay her down. He successfully changed her and
packed them up and met me on time. Since this was his first time having both by himself to take somewhere I was very impressed and feel very confident that he can handle a trip with them again soon. However, I must say that Mike isn't going to be the best influence on Ella's attire. He can match things fine (I say that even though he brought her with a pastel purple dress and some bright red shoes) but he loves to have all shirts tucked in and pants pulled up as far as they will go..... note the picture of Ella and her pants almost to her armpits. He also told me earlier that Landon's pants were too tight and I informed him that if they weren't around the top of his belly or near his chest that they wouldn't seem so tight. It's all fun and Mike is just preparing Ella for later in life when he wants to make sure she doesn't have any dates that he will have to scare off.
2 comments:
Mike, if you keep pulling Landon's pants up like that he'll never be able to make you a grandfather! You should see some of the get-ups Tracy has put the girls in, so don't feel bad. He once had India dressed exactly like a mariachi band member.
You know, Dad used to meet a lot of my dates at the door with a Kentucky rifle that was almost taller than he is...I'm sure he'd let you borrow it.
Sorry we missed Dinner Club too. I'm glad Landon was there to fill in for Jackson in the 'run away from the boy' game.
Post a Comment