
Ella now has diapers that fit her instead of a 2.5 year old. We made our trek to Costco and a few other places. Landon didn't want to go but when we got home he did tell me he had fun. Fun wasn't the adjective of my choice for a day fighting crowds and the "can I have one to take home" but I must say that we are lucky to be able to go buy diapers and wipes in quantities of hundreds at a warehouse, as well as gallons of milk below $4.00.
Landon had the most fun at Costco as they have their samples out and he loves to try them. My mom often says that my children may grow up thinking that Costco is where lunch is. Landon ate 2 cups of pasta, 2 pieces of garlic toast, 2 pieces of french bread with spaghetti sauce, once bagel chip with spinach dip, 2 pieces of pound cake, one piece of a tart, one piece of cheesecake, one piece of brownie and one oatmeal cookie. I thought for sure I had accomplished fixing him a well rounded lunch but when we got home he said he wanted lunch before nap time. I gave him a banana since I thought their may be hope for me if I can give him a piece of fruit.
Ella did try a few bites of pound cake but isn't the sampler that Landon tends to be only because of mom not really because she doesn't want it. She is getting a little more secure in her cruising and lets go to stand by herself for a few seconds. I think if she could she would just start running today so that she could get away from me every time I try to take something out of her hands that she would like to eat (rocks, grass, dirt) - she would do well on fear factor as she doesn't seem to be set back by the color or taste for that matter (unless it is green beans).
We had a visit from Uncle Barry in the evening and while Ella was already asleep Landon enjoyed playing the lion and chasing everyone. He can't just chase one person but it has to be everyone up and running. I think Mike thought he was going to get a break for a while but Landon ran up and told him "Daddy you need to get up and run as the lion comes". Looking forward to a morning with Uncle Barry tomorrow.
1 comment:
I like the way you think, girl! We are hitting Sam's today for dipes and I think I will try the "sample lunch" approach, too. Food seems to taste better to kids when it comes in little paper cups. Love the picture of Mike with the kids. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment