Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday, May 23rd

I had all intentions to post again last night but after a long day of running around (Target, Michaels Craft Store, Costco, the bank, Goodwill, and lastly picking up the camera I left at dinner club for the second month in a row) and taking dinner to a friend who recently had a baby but was also in the hospital for a while for another surgery I didn't do anything once the kids were in bed. Landon and Ella behaved well for me to do all of the errands and we did finish the evening with a lovely walk around the block enjoying the beautiful weather.

Today was Landon's last morning of "young two's" preschool. He has a picnic tomorrow at the park and then no school until September. I am looking forward to having fun together all summer and it seems we have already started filling up our days. His teachers gave him a very sweet photo album of pictures taken throughout the year.

Ella and I went to playgroup this morning and she enjoyed crusing the benches, swinging and pulling up grass and dirt to try and get them in her mouth before I saw her. Right after we picked up Landon we headed to have lunch in "Daddy's tall tower" and Ella was so tired she fell asleep on the 5 minute trip. She nor Landon really sleep well in the car so of course when we parked she woke up. Luckily for me it was enough of a nap that she was happy during our visit. Landon loves to go up and stand on Mike's desk on the 28th floor and look peer out of the window by leaning his body and face against it. I am usually good with heights but something about him leaning on the window and seeing all the cars underneath makes my stomach flip over several times.

Tonight we watched the last competition night for American Idol and I have been trying to vote for Taylor for almost an hour non-stop and only one time was my call put through to vote. I am really hoping he wins and this is the first time I have voted (believe it or not). I think if he doesn't win then I will just commit to not watching it next year and stick to that. I don't like this addicted feeling and fear that it may roll over into some other strange habit or maybe a good one - I could be addicted to cleaning but that would be over the edge! I guess I will put the phone down and go to bed since Taylor won't be getting up with my children tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

The heights thing really gets me (always has) and when India was little I sometimes had a hard time when crossing the Bay Bridge Tunnel with her in the car. At least you let Landon do it; I don't know that I could've, at least not without a lot of sweating on my part!