Wednesday, May 03, 2006


Another 10:30 AM update.

I thought we were in the clear after a visit to the doc who said that Ella's fever was probably the same virus just different reactions to it and Landon's spewing spell should not last more than 24 hours. He kept everything (a few sips of milk, cereal, and bananas) down yesterday and wanted to venture outside in the evening to swing and play with dad. However, this morning after a good nights sleep Landon downed a cup of milk and a few bites of cereal but shortly after gave it all back to me on the den floor. Right afterwards he cheered - "yeah, my tummy's not sick anymore and I'm all better" this was 15 minutes before the next episode began. After all the breakfast was gone (for the second time) he has seemed like the active child he is besides the pale skin and droopy eyes.

Ella, on the other hand, slept more than 12 hours last night and woke up happy with only a slight fever. She kept herselft busy crawling around the house and excitedly attacked the vacuum cleaner as I tried not to roll over her fingers. I have one child who runs away from the vacuum and one that runs towards it with love - talk about opposites.

So we are going to forgo our trip to Stuart to visit Gammy and Nannie for the day and just stay at home and contain our germs from the outside world or at least to our family. I do have reinforcements coming as Nannie just couldn't stay away from the kids and decided to come see us instead.

Landon is begging for me to play puzzles now and has asked the official question "how many minutes do you have typing". He is all about having a number associated to everything. So my 2 minutes is running out and he is watching the clock. Hopefully we will have more fun soon when the kids are feeling better.

2 comments:

The Turmanators said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Turmanators said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. It sounds like THE VIRUS is making the rounds all over NC, too...not only do you have it, but Clare's "significant other"'s nephew in Raleigh has it. Hang in there.