Monday, May 15, 2006


Sunday, May 14th

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there and also to all of those who "mother" children whether they are yours or not. Being a mother has been the most rewarding time in my life and even though some days are hard and I get worn out I love it very much and know that God has blessed me tremendously.

We spent the day together all day and visited Gammy in Stuart. It was a fun time and no car sickness (Mike drove very well) and I at least got to get a glimpse of my mom. She is still sick with the stomach virus and wanted to make sure no germs were spread so she didn't allow me to come in the house. I stood outside in the rain and talked to her through her window but it will be a mother's day memory forever. I do hope that Gammy and my mom realize how special they both are and that we are grateful for their love!

Ella was standing more on her own today and even attempted to take a step to walk towards me. She quickly got "spaghetti legs" and decided to crawl but it was a fun moment to watch. Landon didn't nap all day because I forgot to pack his "pacis" for the day trip and he has never napped without them except in the car. I was pleased at how well he did without having a nap but I will look forward to having him in his room quiet for an hour or two today (it used to always be 3 but I guess I should cut that back since we put him to bed at 8:30 and it is sometimes 10:00 before he falls asleep). He fell asleep on the way home and even stayed mostly asleep as Mike changed his diaper and put his pjs on.

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

Too bad you didn't get a photo of you standing outside to talk to your mother; that would be something! What a funny mental image I have of that. Hope you get a good nap out of Landon today.