Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Wednesday, May 10th

Happy Birthday Ella Sue!! It was great to spend the day with you and we hope that you enjoyed your birthday.
Gammy still wasn't feeling up to 100% but I think Landon added any extra energy and appetite anyone needed. He had so much fun running around and eating everything in sight. He never wants to leave when it's time to go and that may have to do something with all the attention he receives from both grandmothers. This afternoon Gammy was thanking Landon for using such nice manners and being a good boy and he replied "I appreciate it". Ella enjoyed the freedom to spread legos out everywhere and actually reach the buttons on the TV, luckily she didn't push then but just ran her fingers across them. Again it was wonderful to visit Stuart and get to see Gammy on her birthday, but now it is nice to be back home to see Mike. Ella was full of kisses for her dad and also happy to have her mobile to watch.

Now for some venting. I am so bummed that Chris was voted off of American Idol. I thought for sure it would be him and Taylor in the finals and then neither could lose, however, this has changed my whole desire to watch the program. I am left wondering how we became so involved and addicted to this show and then let down so hard. I do like the other contestants but Chris should have outlasted Katharine and probably Elliott as well. Mike and I have agreed that we aren't sure we want to watch any longer (but I know we will). I wish the best for Chris and that he has a long music career.

Ok - now let me go and see if I can sleep. I have had some difficulty in this area for the last few nights which is really unlike me. I have been working through a very stuffy nose and sinus infection which is the mail culprit but since I have had some antibiotics (Amy - not as good as your drugs) I am feeling like I may be able to sleep well. Good night to all.

4 comments:

The Turmanators said...

Happy Birthday Ella Sue! Brooke, the cough syrup with codeine made me spacy, itchy and stuck in some half-awake/half-asleep dimension so I'm not taking it anymore, but Tracy thinks it's wonderful...wish I could send it to you! They gave me a bottle big enough that I could finance the girls' education by selling it on the street.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Ella Sue! I said I am not watching anymore....I will just get Martin to tell me Taylor's number so I can vote for him. I am still upset over Chris....and I really hate Greensboro lost the concert scheduled for this Friday. What a nice boost that would have been for the Triad.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Chris. Right now, I feel the same way about Gilmore Girls. Television has a way of doing evil, evil things to you. I heard that some group is challenging the results.

Delane said...

Happy Birthday Ella Sue!