Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday, May 8th

Errands - they always pile up. Today we had many to run, including the ever dreaded Wal-Mart run. Every time I get to Wal-Mart I wish I had bought one of those flopsy things that they make for your child to sit in so that they don't end up sucking on the handle that the last kid just licked. I don't know how we ever survived as children (ha ha) but with Ella and Landon having been sick recently I was just a bit more concerned and ended up carrying Ella and letting Landon push the cart, which of course meant that he ran into a lot of unsuspecting shoppers who luckily would just look at him and his big brown eyes and say "oh - that's ok honey". Just like always I got everything I needed in one area then headed across the store when I remembered I needed something else from the section I just left so we have to hike all the way back for that one item - has this ever happened to anyone else? We did survive our trip with only one purchase that wasn't on our list and without having to search for Thomas stuff to keep Landon happy. He was happy just putting the items I needed in the cart and then asking me "what else can I buy mommy?".

Ella isn't eating too well and I think is still a little under the weather. Today she hasn't run a fever and has been a bit happier but still not quite her normal self. Landon, on the other hand, is making up for lost time with his appetite. This morning he ate 3 servings of cereal, a piece of a pop tart, some bites of my bacon and then asked for his own piece of bacon. This didn't send him into a sugar high but he did have plenty energy today unlike the last 6 days. I am still in the salty foods category after being sick - sweet doesn't sound too good to me and I am not hungry at all but have been trying to eat as much as I can to regain some strength, energy, and hopefully some color back in my skin.

My picture today is of Landon's colored tongue. We stopped at the bank and they offered him a green or a blue lolli-pop - guess which one he chose? Anyway he enjoyed it and about an hour or so later he asked out of the blue (no pun intended) "tomorrow can we go and get the green one?". It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about but he wasn't happy when I said we didn't need to go to the bank tomorrow, so we may be stopping by for a free lolli-pop guess it's a good thing Mike works for that bank and probably puts enough hours in to justify a couple of cubes of sugar on a stick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to her that you guys are on the mend! Hope everyone is back to feeling normal soon!