Thursday, May 18, 2006


Wednesday, May 17th

We just seem to be struggling right now with staying healthy. After a good day and busy one we came home in the evening and Landon had a 103.3 temperature. I have heard that there is a "fever" virus going around in young children that is a fever and just feeling a little yucky for 25 hours but then you are fine. I hope that this is what Landon has as he didn't really complain of any other pains.

We went to the strawberry patch this morning and picked some beautiful strawberries. Landon loved picking them and I was surprised that he didn't ask to eat any before we got back. Caroline taught me how to make jam and I made about 10 jars of jam which I am looking forward to testing Thursday morning.
Ella tried strawberries and just loved them and probably ate about 8 before filling up. It's a great feeling to find some type of food she loves (other than ice cream).

Landon asked me to color with him today and I colored a pretty generic smiley face and he said "I'm going to help you mommy with your smiley face". I thought he would add some hair or something and instead he took the peach crayon and made a couple of swirls which I thought he would describe as the cheeks because it is exactly where he drew them, instead he said "mommy, I made eye LIPS". Too cute.

Mike is went back to work and seems to be doing well.

2 comments:

The Turmanators said...

I hate that ya'll have been so sick...but I must say it makes me feel better that someone else out there seems to have an immuno-deficient family, too! Must be these little kids we have; let's hope we're just getting it out of the way early.

Who says you aren't able to get anything done? You must be superwoman to A) handle 2 kids and pick strawberries (something I have tried at and failed) and B) make JAM (something I wouldn't begin to know how to do). I'm impressed! Hope Landon feels better soon.

Delane said...

The 'eye lips' cracked me up. And the strawberry jam sounds really good.