Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday, May 7th

Still recovering and poor Ella Sue. We got a call last night that Ella Sue was getting sick and sure enough she caught the wicked stomach virus that we had. She came down here and was such a help to me and I repay her by passing on my germs - pretty nice of me huh? Hopefully it won't take as much out of her as it did me. Yesterday I was able to eat all day and even took Landon to his friend's birthday party. Luckily for me it wasn't a pool party and I could sit down and watch some of the action and take a few pictures. Landon loved the party as it was train themed with lots of Thomas the train toys around. Of course he didn't want to leave when it was over but has decided he would like to go back sometime soon. Mike stayed home and took care of "the Ella" which can be a full time job in itself. I am also sad to report that she ran a small fever and had a yucky cough throughout the day. However, I am very thankful that she isn't sick to her stomach.

This morning we woke to rain and cooler temperatures. It was hard to get anyone going this morning and Ella and I stayed home from church to make sure we weren't still passing any germs. Ella has just recently become a little interested in Baby Einstein which we lovingly called "baby crack" when Landon was small because he would watch it like he was hypnotized until you turned it off. It doesn't seem to have the same effect on Ella but it does keep her attention for a few minutes for me to have the opportunity to type as I am doing. She still continuously is in motion and cruising the whole time but content.

Does anyone know what to do to keep a baby from grinding their teeth. Ella insists on doing it all the time and it is DRIVING ME INSANE! Not really insane but it is a very bad sound that makes me want to pull my hair out or crawl into a corner and beat my head against the wall (maybe that is insane).

Landon's latest saying - thanks to Mike - is "do you want to ride in my love machine, baby? (machine is pronounced ma - cheen instead of ma - sheen). This was an old Mike saying that Frank got a hold of and recently bought Mike a shirt that shows a car with the bold letters "love machine" on it that Mike loves to wear anywhere and everywhere. So this morning when I was sitting with Ella, she stated to get something she shouldn't have and I told her "no baby" and across the room Landon was playing some music and never looked at me or anything but said "do you want to ride in my love machine BABY?".

No comments: