Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday, April 30th

Ella is 11 months old today, so hard to believe that soon she will cross over into the years of age vs just the months and weeks. One of the best parts of the morning was going to pick her up from the nursery and seeing her smile and get excited to see me. It makes my day, just as when Landon sees me and runs to give me a hug. I am sure Mike feels the same way after coming home from a long day at work and Landon and Ella are both as excited to see him as they are to have candy or cookies (which is really excited around here).

Mike and I had a relaxing afternoon on the couch - at least a couple of hours. After that we were motivated to do a little more and Mike worked in the yard some and I got the kids up from their naps and spent some time outdoors. Mike is already looking forward to the day when Landon can cut the grass but for now he just creates games for Landon that somehow I feel when Landon is older he won't be willing to play. You have heard me mention the sweeping game which kind of backfired as more work for Mike and I, well today Mike created the "ugly grass game". He pulled weeds and crabgrass from the yard and Landon would take it and pile it up in his wheelbarrow. He would run back to Mike and say "give me some more please Dad" and once Mike handed him a pile of weeds he would kindly say "thank you" as if Mike had given him a bag of toys. Anyway - Landon was still into the game past the time Mike wanted to call it quits so he has informed me that there is plenty ugly grass to play with tomorrow in his wheelbarrow. I have a feeling I will pull some weeds tomorrow, Ella will eat some, and Landon will have fun with it all.

Lastly, I have posted some new pictures for the blog entries over the last few days so scroll down and check them out.

2 comments:

The Turmanators said...

You should send Landon for a visit. We have 3 acres of crabgrass; I could keep him REALLY busy for you! If only that desire to do chores lasted until they are actually old enough to do them. I have found that unscrewing one length of the handle to the swiffer and asking the girls to clean the floor makes them incredibly happy; you can bet I will keep that going as long as possible!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Ella is almost 1. Time goes by so fast. Love the pictures.