Thursday, April 13, 2006


Thursday, April 13th

This morning while emptying the dishwasher Ella was crawling around the kitchen and started to get into something that she shouldn't have. I looked at her and said "no, no" and was amazed at how she turned away onto something else. Wow - she actually listened to me and obeyed me - until I looked back up and she was in it again. At least I felt successful for a moment - fleeting if it was.

Both children napped well today which is probably why I felt like I was able to get something done. It's always a hit or miss situation for nap time with Ella. She napped briefly this morning before we headed to storytime at the library and then this afternoon she took a good 2 hours and woke up very happy so I left her in her crib until I woke Landon. Landon and I went in together for Ella, only to find her standing in her crib having started her mobile and hanging onto the pink monkey that was trying to spin around with all of the other animals. I can only imagine that this is a sign of what's to come - swinging from the ceiling with wild animals in tow. Whew - I'm dizzy with fear.

Landon didn't have any friends over today to share with but he isn't taking too kindly to Ella getting into his toys. His new idea of sharing came about tonight while we were playing outside. Landon had his basketball throwing it in the air (a favorite thing to do with all of his toys), each time I would ask him to be careful to not throw it near Ella. He continued to throw it up in the air and soon it landed very close to Ella's head - a near miss as we like to call it. He came up to me and said "look mommy, I am sharing my ball with my sister" so I wouldn't scold him for throwing it centimeters from her unsteady stance on the brick steps. I laughed inside at his quick thinking and decided we would move on to another venue with sister in my arms versus near any flying objects.

All in all it was a wonderful day! The night, however, reminds me of college. Procrastination!! Mike and I had attempted to complete our taxes early this year but we are just now entering in the final information and awaiting judgement. It's like cramming for the exam and waiting for the grade all in the same hour. Hope everyone else has happier times at 11 at night!

No comments: