Saturday, April 22, 2006


Saturday morning, April 22nd 6:00 AM

I haven't posted in a couple days as I have been working hard to prepare for a yard sale we are having this morning for our Sunday School class. We have tons of stuff - so much we couldn't fit it all in the garage and had to leave some of it outside overnight. We have been in a deficit for rain for several months now so I was expecting a gorgeous 70 degree day (as the meteorologists never seem to be right) so when they said it was going to rain I just didn't believe. Landon made a couple of noises around 5:30 (a bit unusual for him) and it was just the alarm clock I needed. We have people arriving at 6:30 to help set up. As I got out of bed I said to myself "self - at least I haven't heard any rain all night" and then by the time I made it to the bathrooom (only 5 steps away) I hear a bolt of thunder. What are the odds - then a huge storm comes through and Mike and I can only laugh. I woke him to ask him how well he put the tarps on and he did a good job - as of now nothing seems to have blown away. I don't know if we will get the sale in or not - if not I may just go crazy with the amount of stuff sitting around!!

As for the last two days we had preschool, a visit from Nannie and Pops, a visit from Gammy, a visit from Uncle Barry and hoping to see Pappy Lee and Mary today. Landon woke up on Friday morning complaining of his ear hurting and we took him to the Dr.. He has a minor ear infection only the second one of his life. However, he absolutely hates his medicine and we have to give it to him for 10 days - we are hoping to try some creative ways to get it in him - and we appreciate any suggestions from others out there who have had this battle before.

Ella has started climbing and loves to climb over legs and onto anything she can. She has climbed on a little toy box in the den and stood up on it holding on to her play place. If she wasn't already in everything now she is on everything. Testing me more. Mike's payback.

People are arriving to help with the sale and I have to go and make some judgement calls - see you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope things worked out for the yard sale today. What a great picture of Frank and the kids! It totally made me smile. How lucky they are to have him and so many people who love them. Frank is a natural at the whole grandparent thing!