Saturday, April 08, 2006

The weekends fly by! We have had a great day even though our original plans fell through. Mike ventured out to buy a new car - a hummer - bright yellow with black interior!!! It was actually the battery powered two seater for Landon but it made both of my boys smile. Landon calls it his new yellow truck and he rode around the driveway for some time listening to the radio (can you believe they actually have real radios in them). Every time Landon pushed the pedal his head would fall back and he would go forward without aim or steering. He even took Ella for a spin and she seemed to like the cell phone that came with it. I am sure this will be a much used toy and will provide plenty of entertainment for all of my children (Mike included).

As for our plans - we were supposed to head out to the transportation museum for a picnic and train ride but our friends daughter had an accident last night that required stitches and the rain and storms cancelled the train rides. We still were able to get together with Landon's friend Jesse and were going to try to go putt putting (an indoor facility) but found out that they were closed. Soooo - we decided to venture to Chuck E Cheeses and whew - I don't think I have ever been in a more crowded place. I guess I should qualify that, as it was the most crowded place with 75% of the people being below 4 foot tall. Landon and Jesse had a blast and Ella enjoyed watching everything going on. Whomever came up with the brilliant idea of this place must be sitting in some really large house somewhere with soundproof walls.

Now the kids are in bed and I am wiped out. Mike is trying to prepare for teaching our Sunday school class tomorrow but I am sure he can share with you his thoughts on the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new ride! You children sure do cruise in style. They both look so cute and I'm sure they had a blast.

Anonymous said...

The Hummber is smokin'. I love the picture of Ella driving. It looks like she's yelling at a car in front of her. Chuck E Cheese is always an adventure. We once went on a weekday when it was empty and believe it or not, they actually have the sounds of kids screaming and laughing playing over the speakers, just to make sure that it sounds like everyone is having a great time. Like it isn't loud enough without them adding to it.