
Thursday, June 29 2006
It's been a while! Sure have missed blogging, I think I am addicted. We have been busy and are hopefully returning to some kind of normal. Sunday we left for Williamston, NC after we had a fun morning at church. It was a long drive in the rain but well worth it. Landon and Ella both rode very well and even slept for about 45 minutes. Aren't DVD systems great? We don't have one but Caroline does and Landon watched movies for 1 hour out of the 4 hours on the road.
We visited E.H. & Amy Williams (my sister-in-law Caroline's parents) who live on a farm with a pond. Even with rain most of the time we all had a blast. Landon fished, played on the "dirt mountain", snapped beans, drew with chalk, played cards, and even went to vacation Bible school at their church. Ella got into everything, ate lots of squash, loved on Papa E.H., and walked back and forth throughout the house.One morning when we were heading out to go fishing I asked Landon "are you going to catch dinner for us?" and he replied, "no, I'm just going to catch fish".
However, I was the winner that morning and caught the biggest fish. We all had fried fish for lunch and I believe it was the very first time that I "caught" any type of meal - look at me bringing home the bacon - literally. The best part was that no matter how small the fish was Landon was so very proud of every fish caught and more excited to feed worms to the fish.I have no explanation for the next happening. On Sunday evening when I was trying to get Landon to sleep he looked at me and said
"I need to put tinkles in the potty". I had, by this point, pretty much given up on potty training and settled that I would be buying boxes of 170 diapers at the time for at least 10 more years. Anyway, I took him to the potty and he succeeded and after that night he continued to do so every time he had to tinkle except when we were at the church for Bible school. I don't know what happened but I was so excited in his success and gave him lots of treats for his good work, I felt like I had done something right but I can't figure out what. I am still a little bummed that he isn't as interested in putting poops in the potty but will take what I can get.
Papa E.H. was very kind and sent us home with all kinds of food from his garden. I am learning how to pickle beets, cook collards and have more cucumbers, green beans, and squash than I know what to do with. Amy fried squash on Monday and I ate enought to fill a couple of shopping carts and still went back for more. It is one of my nephew Sam's favorites but on Tuesday I think she made it for Sam, Ella and me. I just ate and ate and ate. So after eating that on Monday and Tuesday Caroline fixed it today and I ate more than I should. It was a great way for me start after not having eaten anything all morning for hospital visit.
Thanks to all who have been praying for me and thinking of me today. I had outpatient surgery to remove two fibroadenomas out of my chest. I like to say I had a breast reduction surgery! I am recovering at home with the help of my husband, mother-in-law
and earlier today my sister-in-law. Another day on loopy drugs so that makes for an interesting time in the Joyce household. We appreciate your continued prayers and hopefully soon I will be back to picking up Landon and Ella at the same time.The last picture here is of Landon after he was smelling the flowers. It reminds me, especially after days like today, that we should take time out of the day to enjoy life and the simple things. Can you see the evidence of the flowers Landon smelled?
Goodnight to all.
3 comments:
Way to go, Landon! I guess he decided that he "wanted to" after all! Boy, both he and Ella look so much more grown up in those photos. Must be all the fish and veggies.
Glad your surgery went well, and that it was nothing but fibroids. Hope you have an easy recovery. I'm happy you are back...I, too, am an addict and need others to enable my addiction. Hang in there.
I've been thinking about y'all. I'm glad your surgery went well...Barry has been keeping me posted. Have a great 4th of July and hope to see you soon!
I'm very proud of Landon and I'm glad that your surgery went well. Hope you guys have a nice weekend.
Post a Comment