Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sudnay, June 4th

Have you ever had one of those days that you just needed to go back to bed and start all over? Mike did today and I am not giving him any grief but I think he is looking forward to starting a new day tomorrow. It was just a frustrating day that started off in the nursery at church with restless kids and late volunteers, then we found out that our parallel parked minivan was pinned like a wrestler in the figure four so that we couldn't leave, we ventured downtown for some lunch and found that one of our children didn't have anything to eat and could somehow manipulate herself out of the straight-jacket (highchair) we had her in, then we made it back to the van to find we were still pinned in, our new church bell was ringing which I thought would end after 12 rings but evidently it is 12 x 12 x 12, then when Mike finally got the van out he noticed that the gas light was on and I could only pray that there was plenty to get home so that we could at least have a good naptime. We did make it safely home and Mike was ready for a break so I sent him out by himself to do some shopping at Costco which I think relieved a little of his frustration having to pick up 50 lbs of dogfood, several pounds of milk and much much more.

By the evening Mike was prime entertainment for the kids and he played with both children right up until bedtime. I will say that Ella topped his evening off with a soaking of his favorite shirt but that seemed like a cherry on the sundae. Let's just say that Mike's patience is better suited for numbers, money, board meetings and work than it is for diapers, kids lunches, and unending noise.

Honey - I love you and hope you have a better day tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

Whooaa! What a day! It's a rainy Monday here, don't know about there, but what is usually a depressing kind of day may be a relief for both of you. Thanks for checking on me...glad to be back amongst the living.