
Friday, June 23 2006
Please God give me patience! I had not pushed potty training and now I know why - it is draining (no pun intended). I made an attempt to put Landon's Thomas the Train underwear on him today thinking he would automatically want to go potty. It was supposed to be prompting for him as he loves Thomas and I couldn't imagine him wanting to potty on him. It didn't work and I was beside myself. Landon successfully put his tee tee in the potty today several times but not every time. Later on he decided he would use his diaper again and just told me that he put it in there because he had a diaper on and that was what it is for. I guess there is som
e truth to that but it doesn't help in training. Anyway, I tempted him with surprises again today and by end of day he would tee tee every time we took him to the potty.Ella has wanted to be held all day and that didn't help with my patience. She has her 3rd tooth in a week so I am guessing that she is uncomfortable. I don't mind holding her but she never will let you sit down when you hold her which makes for a lot of walking and standing all day. By evening I was mentally worn down so I am going to head to bed and hope that tomorrow things are a little easier.
Pictures t
oday are from Landon getting an Emily train that his Aunt Caroline promised him for his success for 2 days of using the potty. He was very excited about it and was ready to play even at bedtime. There is a shot of the surfer Landon at the pool. I love the swimming shirts as I don't have to worry about missing spots on his shoulders or back as far as sunscreen goes. I am going to try to find one for me as it seems to be a lot easier than the bathing suit tops I have. the last picture is from Ella earlier in the week. She was quite cute at the playground, however, I should have known that if she wore white she would want to play in the dirt the whole time. Lots of fun this week and we are happy it's the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one.
2 comments:
Oh, how I remember so well the day you just described. It is imprinted in my brain. I promise, promise, promise it gets easier! Hang in there.
The training will eventually work. It has to this point on all of us. Don't go for the surfer shirt quite yet. The old grizzley beach bums may have something to that end. Hope to see you all again soon.
Nan & Pops
Post a Comment