Saturday, June 24 2006
For all of you golfers, get this, Mike got a hole in one today!! He was playing with 2 of his buddies so he had a better witness than his last one a couple of years ago when he was playing with Pops. I heard about it through word of mouth so I don't know if Mike was as proud as last time he called me from the course. For as little as he gets to play anymore that can just make your day.
Landon, Ella and I played around the house and didn't get to accomplished for potty training. How do you get him interested? I just don't understand. I would rather not have to wear a wet diaper and use the potty but that must just be me. I am wondering if I should just stop trying until he "wants" to do this.
Ella is still a bit needy today but enjoyed playing outside with us and riding on a little scooter toy. We were playing with the chalk and she kept wanting to eat it (kind of how she does with dirt and leaves and anything on the ground). I am trying to get her to draw with it but it must taste better than it looks. She much prefers it over the "meat sticks" that Gerber makes. I probably would to after smelling the meat sticks. It just isn't right to have mushy meat in the shape of little hot dogs. Maybe tomorrow we can have a chalk dog and some dirt on the side.
Good night to all.
3 comments:
Congrats Mike!
I think you are on to something with the "wants to" phrase. A friend of mine who is a pediatrician breaks down statistically the length of time by age it takes to toilet train a child , and it decreases by a significant number of months as the child matures. If he doesn't intuitively want to do it, he's not going to be but so motivated...even by external rewards. That is, however, frustrating to us Moms with 2 in diapers! That's my advice, anyway. Keep in mind, though, that I am a mother of 2 girls!
Good luck, whatever you decide, and way to go Mike! I can't even play put-put, so I have extra respect for your skills.
P.S. - It's in da hole! (Caddyshack...couldn't resist)
Post a Comment