Saturday, June 03, 2006



Saturday, June 3rd

I can't believe we had a Saturday without any commitments. It was great - the only person to leave the house today was Mike and that was to grab some breakfast with his brother. We stayed at home all day and worked in the yard, played and took a walk around the block. Mike was like a little kid today with a toy. He rented a "bobcat" (I belive it is also called a front end loader) and at one point I looked outside to see him peering around while in the driver's seat with a look of "hmmmm what can I tear up next". I think he had a lot of fun and he even got out the video camera and made me take it for a spin. I believe I have some "mad skizzles" (as Uncle Chuck taught Landon) and that NCDOT needs me to get some of their work done. I can pick up some dirt and eventually get it to where it's supposed to be or at least close.

Landon had a blast working in the yard. He helped Mike put flags up for the holes he was going to fill, he swept dirt, shoveled dirt, swept water, sprayed the hose, played the ugly grass game, and even pushed Ella on our walk around the block.

Ella is venture out and took about 5 steps this afternoon all by herself. The picture here shows that even though she may fall that her beloved bubble wands don't get away from her. I think she would stay outside in 100 degrees as long as she had her wands.

Yesterday I had the privilege to a ceremony honoring my niece and all other 7th grade students who scored exceptionally well on the ACT testing. This is testing put on by Duke University and Kelli was honored twice. Once she received Grand recognition due to being in the top 1,500 students (out of 77,000 applicants) and State recognition due to scoring well enough. There was approximately 22,000 who received State recognition in the 16 state region. Kelli - I am so very proud of you!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am visiting Gearge and Eleanor and have just set him up with the Blog as a favorite so he can keep up with the Joyce family. You will need to be sure and treat those Darlin's just right because he has the same authority as a grandparent as Pops and Nan. Hope all is well and we see you soon. BTW, Gearges email is gbweidhaas@earthlink.net>>>>> See you all soon...