Thursday, October 26, 2006


Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fall Festival night at our church. The kids both had a blast along with all of the other kids attending. Mike and I were worn out by the time we arrived home and could have fallen asleep within minutes. Ella went as a Virginia Tech Hokie cheerleader - GO HOKIES!. Nannie and Pops bought her the outfit and for some reason I picture a football game with her being more like a nightmare chasing her around the stadium for hours, keeping her from eating any food that has fallen to the ground, and avoid all things she could climb on. She will get some wear out of the outfit for the next week and of course if we are watching the game around the house.

Ella and Landon both shook their groove thang on the floor last night as the music started. Ella ran around to all four corners of the room without fear of the other children in costumes or of the tricycle track. Landon stuck to the games and the boxes of treats. His favorite was by far the putt putt game and would have stayed there all night if we would have let him. Landon was dressed as Peter Pan and he was so cute. He did get a lot of comments asking if he was Robin Hood but I would agree that they do look a lot alike.

My favorite costume of the night was Sarah Kearney who is 6 months younger than Ella and was dressed as a chicken. I think everyone could have eaten her up!

Earlier in the day Landon helped me to make some pumpkin cakes for the cake walk. He and I both had a lot of fun and it was my first time really letting him help me cook. I will definitely do that more often, even though he was a little disappointed that they wouldn't be ready in 2 minutes after we poured them in the pans. Why I haven't tried this before, I don't know but if anyone has any suggestions on fun things to fix with your kids let me know.

At the end of the evening after all of the cookies, Smarties, lolli pops, and treats the kids still fell asleep in minutes hopefully having sweet dreams of all the fun of the night. I do just want to note just the "Ella look" in this last picture. Mike and I feel like she looks at us like this quite often!

3 comments:

The Turmanators said...

The costumes are so cute! And you are right, the chicken costume is precious. I love the glove-legs.

I bought a small step-stool for India to stand on and help me cook by dumping out the ingredients; the only problem is now they BOTH want to help and they fight like the dickens to "share" the stool. Sometimes if making cookies I give them some extra dough and a cookie cutter and I bake theirs, too. They love putting sprinkles on things and haystacks and "no-bake" cookies are easy, too.

Anonymous said...

That Robinhood costume is super cute. Maybe Ella was the good luck charm the Hokies needed.

Anonymous said...

I am catching up on all of your blogging from way back and realized that I saw Barry and Cathy Lee out a few weekends ago and I spoke to her... "you look really familiar" . She probobly thought I was some fruit cake! Now I know where I have seen them, YOUR BLOG! SOOO funny! We were @ Sunset Grill in Durham. What a small world!

Anyway, the kids constumes are great! Landon makes a perfect Robin Hood!!

Hope you guy's are well and I hope we get a chance to catch up soon!