
Thursday, October 19, 2006
We traveled to Tidewater, VA last Thursday and Friday for a going away party for Nathan. It was a fun time to see everyone even though my mind was mostly thinking about little Lillie. Landon enjoyed playing with his Tanner and Ella loved having Pops and Nannies attention. Nathan, we are missing you
already and hope that you are learning a lot and staying safe. Right now he is in Germany for 2 weeks more of training then heads to Kosovo. If anyone wants to send him a note leave a comment with your email and I will send you his address.Sunday Mike and I had the great opportunity to go to Raleigh to see Eric Clapton with brother Barry and Cathy Lee. It was a great time and Barry really hooked us up! They even bought dinner
for us. We agree that that was a date night to top all date nights and that it will be hard to beat that one anytime soon. Thanks to Gammy for keeping the kids as they had a great time being with you and we had a blast, it had been a very long time since we had been to a concert and sadly I think the last one was Metallica (I am serious). Oh! and about the picture of us, we look like we need a V8 because I sat the camera on top of the car and didn't do a very good job of checking the angle.This week we have been busy with preschool, playing, church and a visit from Nannie. Oh - and did I mention
earthquakes? Yes - our city has had about 4 earthquakes! None higher than a 2.6 but I felt 2 of them, and I would be happy to not feel any more anytime soon. The first one I felt when I was sleeping and I thought I was dreaming but it seemed so weird that I did not the exact time and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I thought for sure it was just thunder or something but the next day Mike let me know that there had been an earthquake and it all made sense. The next one I felt when I was at a friends house and Mike was home with the kids. That one spooked me a little more mainly because it was so loud. I didn't expect it to be so loud. My mom was visiting so she even got to experience it.Mike has a cold and Landon has a cough and Ella a runny nose. I think I am going to invest in tissues and
drugs. It seems like next year we will have to double our Healthcare Savings account for all the visits to the drugstore.Tonight is family video night and Landon gets to pick out the movie from Blockbuster. For the second time in a row we rented Lion King 2. I am beginning to think we should just buy it. I do have to admit that it is a nice change from Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas isn't that bad but if you have ever seen it then you just have to wonder if they could provide a little more animation or action. Guess it wasn't made for me and explains why there are so many adult additives in new children's movies.
Oh well, I will stop rambling and say goodnight!
Praying for you Lillie!
2 comments:
Keep us all posted on Nathan; wishing him the best of luck.
Enjoy family movie night. Oh, how I long for a "boy" movie once in a while! We are stuck on The Little Mermaid and that is all I see, hear...
We watched a lot of Lion King II. We watched it a lot more than the first one.
Hey, that Metallica concert rocked! And so did the Clapton concert that Barry got us tickets too waaaay back when. I've saved my tshirt from that show, but can't wear it anymore, it's completely fallen apart. I'm thinking about framing it though. It's my all time favorite tshirt.
Post a Comment