
Sunday, October 8, 2006
A busy and fun weekend. I love the weekends and it often seems that we try to cram as much life into them as we can. I am thankful that this weekend will be extended due to the holiday tomorrow, Mike will be home and we will get to enjoy some more time together than a usual Monday morning.
Friday I headed to the Children's Museum with the kids as it was too cold and rainy to make it to the fair. We also contemplated taking Landon to the "Day out with Thomas" in Spencer but due to the weather we decided we wouldn't even try it. Luckily we had never mentioned it to Landon so he wasn't expecting it and so far he hasn't mentioned
anything about going back to the fair. Hopefully we can find one of those little traveling mall carnivals soon and let him ride a few rides. On Friday night I had a meeting so Mike had some one on two time with the kids (only for an hour) and let Landon rent a movie. Lion King 2 was his choice and he has enjoyed it quite a bit since then, lucky us it was a 7 day rental. So far he prefers to watch all of the previews and extras instead of sitting through the whole movie, I think most of all he just enjoys having control of the remote and choosing to play around instead of sitting to watch a movie. One of the reasons he hasn't gone to the actual movie theatre yet.Saturday I had another meeting but first ran to a consignment sale and was unsuccessful except for buying
Landon a pair of 3T pants that when I got home were probably 2 sizes too big for him. They must be sized wrong! I know that he wasn't given a lot in the legs department or height department as of yet but to be that much too big has to be an error. Glad I only paid $3.00 for them. I then took Ella to a department store hoping for a steal on some warmer clothes for her and although I found a few it was nearly impossible to shop with her. She has a way of standing up in those store strollers even when buckled in so I decided to carry her. Within minutes she had squirmed her way to the floor and ran through all of the clothes and opened several items spilling them on the floor then made her way into another department before I could catch her and bring her back. One time after she ran off I found her over in the baby blankets rubbing on one that looks just like her "lovey" and sucking her thumb. If I wasn't so frustrated it would have been cute. By the time I finally checked out I was frazzled and promised myself I would never take her into a department store again on my own.
I pulled myself together for a counseling appointment in the afternoon and then later on we traveled to see Ella Sue, my wonderful mother-in-law, to spend the night. It was a great evening and Mike and I even went out on a search for the 1986 class reunion we knew was in town. It was great to catch up with people who we hadn't seen in years and more special to catch up with those who we haven't seen but have been keeping up with through our blogs. Sorry we crashed your party but it was a blast!!!
Today was a very special day visiting Sycamore Baptist Church where they honored both Pastor Melton and my mother-in-law for her 44 years of playing the piano and for all of her service to the church. She is a wonderful woman who is always giving and sets a great Christian example. May she always know how much she is loved and
appreciated not only by her church and her friends but especially by her family! We love you Ella Sue!!From there we headed back home and visited our church picnic upon the request of Landon. Both he and Ella had a blast running around getting dirty. Mike and I enjoyed our second potluck dinner for the day. Now I am beat and going to turn in. I hope everyone had as wonderful of a weekend as we did!!!
5 comments:
I have never seen such a handsome set of brothers! The women aren't bad, either. When you meet me, you'll see where Cathy gets her beautiful looks - from her Dad, definitely from her Dad! I appreciated Barry sticking around on Saturday to celebrate my 39th b'day for the 17th time. Such a sweetie! I know you are all very proud of your Mother. I look forward to meeting her in a couple of weeks. Have a great week.
I'm sorry we missed you guy's in Stuart. We were there but didn't attempt to "crash", wish we would have! Sounds like you guy's had a great time! Hope we get a chance to catch up soon!
Hey, you were INVITED to crash! I suppose I should have thought to tell you WHERE we were meeting. It was really wonderful to see you both; just not long enough. Next time we're in we'll plan a visit with the kids.
Carol, I am sure Cathy gets her looks from both of you and we are very much looking forward to meeting you soon.
I 2nd everything you said about Ella Sue!
Anita told me that at the homecoming game a few weeks ago, Tracy Harris jumped out of an airplane and landed on the football field with his arms raised over his head. I would have loved to have seen that.
Post a Comment