
Thursday, October 5, 2006
I was going to post with a title of "don't put off for tomorrow, what you can do today" but now I am feeling guilty about the whole thing. On Tuesday we took the kids to the fair and didn't let them ride one ride and only looked at rides, watch the pig races (the picture below shows Ella trying to get in for a look) and taste a little food. They did have a great time walking around and playing in the dirt but Landon really wanted to ride the big slide. We told him that we would come back on Thursday and ride all the rides he
wanted. He was fine with that as I think he was still recovering from his virus. So... Today I was excited about taking them back to have some fun and maybe eat some funnel cake or other delightfully unhealthy tasty treat (haven't been able to talk Mike into trying a deep fried snickers bar or deep fried oreo cookie). It was beautiful for most of the day in the mid 80's and sunny but the forecast was for storms and a cold front to move in in the afternoon. With that I lost my enthusiasm as I thought about the mud and wet rides and thunder causing all things to stop. Then Ella didn't nap for some reason and Mike worked late. Landon never asked about it so it wasn't a large let down for him but I was excited to see him smile and whirl around and also to see Mike ride all the rides with him until he was
blue in the face. Instead we decided to go to the bookstore where Ella pulled every book and cd within arms reach off of the shelf and Landon read (had me read) every Thomas book available. It was actually a lot of fun as we all love books and Ella is funny even when making a mess every second. We later headed over to get one of those delightfully unhealthy tasty treats - a Krispy Kreme doughnut. Landon always calls it Danny's Doughnut Factory when he sees the sign (daily since we live less than half a mile from the Krispy Kreme). Of course the hot/now sign was on which means they give you a free sample hot glazed doughnut which melts in your mouth making you crave a dozen to eat at that very moment. I resisted eating more than my sample and just bought a pumpkin spice doughnut (you gotta try them - Chuck's favorite I believe) for Mike and a sprinkle doughnut for Landon. Ella ate her first entire doughnut and I think she likes the free hot doughnut samples as much as me, if not more.
Now that we are home and the kids are asleep the thunder has rolled in and the rain will probably be here soon. See you later warm weather as I hear the high tomorrow is only going to be 60 degrees. Nothing like the weather to bring out some more colds and germs to spread around preschool and families. Speaking of preschool, Landon received his first report of not listening. Miss Melinda told me he wouldn't listen during story time and she had to sit him on the bench. Since then of course we have been talking about the importance of listening to teachers, to parents and to others around us and Landon has seemed to understand. Today after I picked him up from school he asked me what I did and after telling him that I went to the bank he asked "were you a good listener at the bank mommy?". Always setting examples aren't we?
No comments:
Post a Comment