Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

BRRRRRR - it's cold outside! I do like the fall but am not used to the 40's just yet. Today I wrapped the kids in winter clothes and coats for our outings. Landon had a good day at preschool, even though he said his little girlfriend wasn't there because she was sick. This afternoon and evening we went on the quest for the costume again for Landon and had a bit more success. One of our favorite places - Costco - had some Tigger and Pooh costumes for $4.97 and were the full warm costume but that didn't appeal to Landon at all. Then they had some "jackets" made for dress up fun; a doctor, a veterinarian, a fireman, a policeman, a pirate, and a beautician. As our friend Keri asked Landon which one he wanted to be he kindly said "the beautician". After talking him out of that one (I don't think he even knows what a beautician is) he chose the veterinarian for a total of $17.00. I guess he may not be my frugal one. Anyway - from there I promised him a trip to the "D store" which is what he calls the mall. I am no shopper by any means and the mall is a place we usually only visit if Nannie is here. He calls it the D store because we have always entered through Dillard's and so anywhere in the mall is the D store. We enjoyed his favorites; the colored lights with indoor snow falling, the playground and somehow the "d store chicken" for dinner. That wasn't a part of the original plan but Mike mentioned it and there was no turning back. In the end we found a costume that Mike liked better and that Landon was a fan of but we won't tell until pictures tomorrow night. Guess you will have to check back in!

Ella took it all in stride and her favorite part of the day was coming home tonight and seeing Daddy on TV. Our church is broadcast on Tuesday evenings and since Mike spoke on Sunday we were able to watch him. She would stare at the TV and point to Da da da, da da, da da. Still working on the Ma Ma thing but usually it still comes out Bob or Ba ba ba. Right now she is well on her way to being a "daddy's girl" and I am sure whe will have him wrapped around her pinky pretty tight (she probably already does)!

The pictures today are from our trip two weekends ago to Waverly. The one of Landon came in handy because after we had returned and I was running errands when Mike had to take Landon to the potty. Mike was pretty amazed when what was left in the potty was very blue, a color that hopefully most of us don't see often in that scenario. After he told me of this strange happening it hit me that Landon had eaten a lot of blue icing flowers on Nathan's going away cake. Whewwww, that's a relief!

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

Amazing cake. We had a similar toilet scare once when I made a red velvet cake and used gel food coloring instead of the liquid. AACCKKK! Red in the potty is NOT GOOD. We had to call several folks and warn them not to rush to the ER, hahahaha!

Mike...nice to hear from you the other day!