
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Happy 40th Birthday Barry!!!
Today we celebrated Barry's 40th birthday with everyone here at our house. It was such fun and we even sent Barry on a scavenger hunt. Barry ended up with 40 packs of nabs, 40 bottles of water, 40 packs of gum, 40 swiss cake rolls, 40 packs of Golden cheese, 40 bottles of beer, and 40 hershey's kisses. We also had 40 balloons and 40 candles on his cake. Needless to say we also had a great spread of food to devour. Barry was a great sport and seemed to enjoy all the jokes about his age (and there is only one brother left under the 40 year mark, who will get his grief in a couple of years).
Landon and Ella enjoy a party just as much as anyone, but most of all they get excited about having some cake. Ella only ate watermelon for dinner, she refused everything else, and then ended up eating almost a whole piece of brown sugar pound cake with chocolate icing. Picture - check out her "soul patch". Thanks to Barry's girlfriend Cathy Lee who brought her first ever homemade cake (chocolate chip cake). Of course Mike gave her a hard time but I think he ended up eating two pieces. I would have to say that I was the big loser for the day as I took a bunch of pictures all afternoon of the festivities and after the candles were blown out I figured out that I never had my memory stick in the camera and had no pictures from the day. Hopefully it won't be a sign of my week to come as I have a lot to get done this week. I'll keep you posted...........
4 comments:
Oh, so sorry about the camera! How infuriating. Sounds like a great party and I love the scavenger hunt idea. I'll have to remember that for Tracy in 2007. Sorry you missed Galax, too.
Tracy's class finally decided to have a reunion this year and it is Oct 7...better late than never! They haven't decided on a "schedule of events" for the weekend so I don't know how busy we will be, but we will be at Tracy's parents that weekend. We would love to see you if you are in the area and time allows.
Happy Birthday Straw Barry and Happy Anniversary Brooke & Mike!
Happy Belated Birthday to Barry. He looks great.
Happy Anniversary guys!!!!
Post a Comment