Saturday, August 12, 2006


Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cooler weather, thank you!!! Too bad I didn't wait until Friday to clean the van as I may not have sweated so much. Instead we ran a few errands, one of which was to buy the game CandyLand for Landon. He was so excited about getting home to play it that he didn't want to eat lunch or do anything else but play the game. He had been introduced to it several months ago at a playdate with Hannah and has never mentioned it but I thought it would be fun. I didn't quite know how much fun it was going to be as it has been a CandyLand marathon around here. If we aren't trying to go somewhere or eat a meal then Landon wants to play and Mike and I have both had the thrill to play 3 games in one sitting. I do admit that it is fun to see him so excited and maybe he is on the road to becoming a board game junkie. He even does ok when Mike or I win but quickly says that he thinks he will win the next one.

Outside of playing CandyLand we were able to go out to dinner with a couple of friends last night which was a lot of fun. They both have little boys that are close to Ella's age. In the picture the little boy in the blue overalls is Hank (we lovingly call him Tank) as he is only 5 days older than Ella but quite a bit bigger. I think he has a future in the NFL and he is as cute as can be. The other little boy is J.D. and is a sweetheart, last night he even shared a cracker with me but I think he was surprised that I ate it as he didn't offer any more.

We played outside this afternoon enjoying the cooler temperatures. We had to finish getting the van ready to sell and had a fun time washing it together with Landon's help. He was trying to make his Uncle Damion proud with his handling of the hose. Believe it or not, Landon stayed dry and only sprinkled Daddy once. Ella stayed busy with other activities including posing for the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious children. I've heard all about them from Barry & Cathy. Looks like Mike has plenty of help with the van washing! Enjoy it while it lasts!!