Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday, August 10, 2006

If you took a picture of me now you would all run away in fear and disgust. I have just come inside to take a 10 minute break from the raging sun. I decided this morning that since it was a little cooler and overcast at the time that I would clean out the "blue van" and get it ready to sell. With kids in tow and my clothes from yesterday on (no sense in putting on clean clothes when you are going to sweat a river) I take our vacuum and start at it. I didn't get very far as every other minute Ella would bring her watering can to me or set off in the bushes herself to get to the spigot and I would have to stop and fill her watering can up to watch her pour it all over herself in delight. This is the same girl who quivers in the 85 degree indoor pool during swimming lessons but will pour cold spigot water all overherself and keep coming back for more. I was worried that I would have to use those famous eyes in the back of my head that I hear all mothers have, however, most of the time the kids were right behind me or Landon was asking what he could pour water on next. So after about an hour of vacuuming for 10 seconds then filling watering cans back and forth I called it a morning and headed in to change wet clothes and fix lunch. After lunch, playtime, potty time and nap time for the kids I headed back out to finish vacuuming. In the midst of all of the work I came up with a new idea for the day, it is to take that press and seal saran wrap and cover all of the floor in the van especially around the kids carseats so as to avoid any more hot days with the vacuum - I'll let you know if it works :-) Now all I have to do is wash the outside and wipe down all of the non-upholstered parts. Maybe soon it will look like there weren't a pack of wild animals living in it.

I also feel that I must confess that last night for Mike's birthday he didn't get a lovely birthday dinner, instead a burger from Sonic with a side of tater tots. I am hoping to pay the raincheck he so graciously offered due to the kids being really cranky and Nannie Ro (who was here) who was not feeling all too well. I owe you honey and look forward to a nice meal together sometime soon.

As for now, I am going to head back out to finish my job of cleaning the van before I jump in a cold shower, wake the kids from their naps and head to swimming lessons. I know tonight will be a great night to tuck in early and sleep. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

The Turmanators said...

I love it that you are "press 'n sealing" the van! Let me know how it works; ours is always filled with cheerios, sand, broken clam shells (from the driveway), and all the other usual suspects. Nasty!