

Tuesday, August 1, 2006
Is anyone else hot out there? I tell you what, it is hotter than I have ever known hot. I don't remember it ever being so hot as a kid but maybe back then I didn't care. We have managed to stay indoors all day except for the walk between our house and car or out destination and car. No playing outside for us and probably not tomorrow either. Last night we decided to go out for some ice cream to cool off and boy did Landon and Ella enjoy it. We tried to eat it outside in the shade but the
mosquitos were biting and the heat was melting the ice cream so fast (even though both children didn't take but a second between bites).Today ended up being a better day at Arts Camp as I had someone who is going to school now for teaching and needed some class time so she volunteered to do music with our class all week. It was great and the kids loved it. Tonight we started swimming lessons with the kids and Landon was very excited about the event. The pool was indoors and there were 4 other children in the class, all boys might I add. Ella was enjoying the attention but she wasn't enjoying the water being on the cool side and certainly wasn't enjoying the teacher dipping her under the water. After the 30 minutes was
over she was ready to retreat to the showers and loved the oh so warm shower and soapy bubbles. Landon was thrilled with the idea of jumping to Mike 400 times in a row and was in his element.Pictures today are from the last couple of days. The favorite is Ella holding
the purple ball. Landon gave her a really large yellow ball for her birthday but somehow she never got to play with it as Landon always wanted it. I bought her the purple ball in hopes that it would even things out and she was so excited and picked it out herself. She held it the whole time in the store and even on the way home. She dropped it once and let us know but then once Kelli got it for her she didn't let go. I am sure you aren't surprised that now Landon hogs both of them and doesn't want Ella playing with either.
1 comment:
Love the photos; they are too, too cute. The indoor pool is the ONLY place to bet his week!
You are very brave to take on this Art Camp...I'm impressed. I know I don't have enough patience for my own children at times; a roomful might send me over the abyss!
Regarding your comment to me about the Play-Doh; I have had to let go of a lot of compulsions to let them touch it. It drives me CRAZY when they mix up the colors until it turns a rather nasty brown. My cheap/recycling tendencies tell me to keep using it anyway but my artistic side is screaming in agony at the ugly color.
Post a Comment