Tuesday, August 8, 2006
It's only 9:30 and Ella is back in her crib and I have cleaned up tinkles on the floor twice, poop once, a pile of tissue pieces in the quantity of close to a million, taken away the resolve floor cleaner out of a one year old's hands, and threw away a toothbrush that was thrown into the toilet. The other child is was watching a video and then running laps around the house. I hope this isn't a portion of how the whole day will be but if so I think I will give myself a timeout and lock myself in the closet.
Yesterday was pretty good. We went to the Children's Museum where we ran into a couple of our friends and had a fun time. From there we went and had lunch with Mike at his office. Then on to get the babysitter, I was thinking I would have her over everyday (ha ha), I actually had a follow-up visit with my surgeon just to make sure the scar was doing well. Then back home for a quiet night at home. Mike had much more energy than I and was kind enough to do all the kitchen cleaning after dinner - sure do love you honey!
Mike is actually getting ready to celebrate his 37th birthday tomorrow. So hopefully a lot of you will give him a call, but surely not give him a hard time as I know he doesn't give anyone else one at all!
3 comments:
Oh, god I'm almost sorry I read your post...I'm having terrible flashbacks to approximately 1 year ago when the girls were Landon and Ella's age. Did you sit in the floor and cry? Did you wonder why you ever went to college if you were just going to clean up after peoples' bowels and bladders all day? Did you question your sanity? I did all those things on a regular basis so if you did even one of them you are in good company. Hang in there. I haven't scraped poop off the floor in months.
Can't believe one of the biggest kids I've ever known is almost 37...all those years of being the baby of the class is paying off for me now, Mike! I'll see you there in a couple of months.
Yes it was 37 years ago that the Joyce Family found that "Bland is Grand" when the wayward stork made it's delivery to their family in Stuart. Little did they realize what they may previously have done to the said stork to deserve such a payback. The engineering feat of comalongs,the sales of Christmas Trees, being unaccounted for while presumably at school, the errant frisbee darts at members of his extended family, the TV that didn't work in a dome, the loss of family funds while in the same dome, the avoidance of the shag bag deposit, and most recently, the construction of the Taj Ma-Shed. Yes, we gotta love him like a Beagle puppy when they're so young and cute. And as time goes on and on and on and on, we even find more reasons to grow the already strong love for him. Congratulations "Big Boy" on yet another year.... Now what's next?????
Happy Birthday Mike! Certainly without Brooke you wouldn't have made it this far!! Birthday wishes from all of us.
Post a Comment