Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Well Tuesday was a packed day with lots of excitement. We had playgroup in the morning which is always a lot of fun. Landon and Ella both enjoy the specific playground we go to due to the shade, lots of swings, area to use the sidewalk chalk, sand to play in, and lots of fun equipment. I hurried from there to the grocery store. I am a weirdo in that I love to grocery shop but can't stand to shop for anything else. However, I must admit that it is a whole different experience when you have both little ones with you. The bright side was that I was able to use all of the little buttons (except panic) on my car remote and boy that made it a ton easier. I had both doors open and the rear hatch open before I could unbuckle Ella from the cart. I love those gadgets but still can't get used to a majority of the other ones, specifically the navigation and talking.

After nap time we headed to swimming lessons. Tonight, both kids were cold in the 85 degree water and didn't want to stay any longer than necessary. Ella did a lot better tonight because Mike held her and he radiates heat more than I do and she was so cozy she almost fell asleep in the water. Landon was done after we had to try lifejackets on. From there Mike headed to dinner with the kids and some family while I headed to my monthly girl's night out. Everyone had a great time but we were all exhausted by the end of the day.

Today we took it easy and just hung out at home spending a lot of time downstairs climbing on chairs, playing ball, golfing, and playing Candy Land. I talked with Landon about his birthday and have been quizzing him on what theme he wants. For several days now it has been Thomas AND Veggie Tales as he says "I like them both very much" and today he decided that since it is his 3rd birthday that he wants 3 themes - Thomas, Veggie Tales and Nemo. I am trying to come up with a creative way to tie all 3 things together. Luckily I have a talented cake maker in the family and a dollar store nearby - should be interesting.

No comments: