Thursday, July 06, 2006



Wednesday, July 5, 2006

I thought it was going to be a quiet day at home but it turned out that we ran errands. I decided I have to get this basement done before I lose my mind. We left to go and look at carpet and couldn't find the store and the kids were getting very cranky so we returned home for naps. After naptime I headed back out and had directions this time. Landon and Ella were wide open. You would have thought I had fed them each a Heshey's bar and a Mountain Dew. My head was spinning by the time we left and I didn't even pick out what Mike had wanted.

Next, I decided to stop by a grocery store on the route home. One that is the same chain as the one I always go to but not the same one. I don't know about other moms but this threw me for a complete loop. I didn't know where anything was and had one child trying to eat the shopping cart and a little shopping cart coming behind me at 75 mph and I just knew he was going to ram my ankles every time. I didn't have my normal menu and list planned out so it was not a very productive trip but I got the essentials: bananas, diet cokes, and sour cream. I didn't have one thing that I could make a full meal off of and am sure I will have to go back before tomorrow. Mike called during the middle of isle 5 and I must have sounded like I was on another planet as he even offered to drive out and help me.

We made it home and then decided to head back to the carpet store because I didn't have anything right about what was needed. Packed up the family and got the carpet stuff done. Hopefully they will work us in in the next 2 weeks and we can have a basement that I can throw all of the toys into (Mike's and the kids). Just glad to have something lined up so I can cross it off of my insanity list.

Pictures are from our trip sailing. Pictures from today would have just been a blur. By the way, Landon has had a very successful day using the potty and kept his diaper dry and clean ALL day!.

3 comments:

The Turmanators said...

Beautiful photos.
Yes, I can totally relate to the grocery store fiasco...the last time I took the girls by myself Kate ATE OLD CHEWING GUM off the cart.
I am so envious about your basement, as I trip over several small, plastic objects on my way to the computer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the crazy day. The pics from E's are awesome. Karl, Cindy and Eric all look great. And the kids are cute as can be.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you and Ella!!!!!