Sunday, July 9, 2006
Wow - what a weekend! I don't want to rub it in to anyone but I did have a wonderful weekend. I headed to South Boston with my best friend since high school and we hung out at www.berryhillplantationresort.com all weekend. It was so relaxing and peaceful that I thought about calling in sick tomorrow to stay an extra day. We ate some good food, had a message at the spa, sat in the sauna, went swimming, walked around the grounds, and talked while sipping a glass of wine on the balcony. I probably talked her ear off and seemed a little too excited about not doing anything but boy was it great. I won't go on and on like I could as I know there are others that deserve a break like that and may not want to think about all the details without getting to take one immediately. Thanks Beave - it was a blast!
Mike stayed back with the kids but did have some reinforcements come to help - his mom! Ella Sue is just the greatest and I sure hope she gets a chance to rest. Each time I talked to Mike he was doing well but was increasingly worn out. Upon arrival the kids seemed to be in great shape; happy, healthy, rested, and did I mention hungry. I am sure they ate well but it was quite funny when Landon woke up from his nap. He got to have a cookie and afterwards he asked for an "orange cracker" (what most people call a nab), after his nab he said "I don't like orange crackers" so he wanted some veggie tales snacks. I opened some snacks for him and after he ate those he continued on to eat 4 more orange crackers and drink tons of milk. I gave Mike a hard time to see if he fed them lunch earlier in the day.
I think Landon had just worked up an appetite in the "water bag" pool that somehow showed up on my back patio over the weekend. Landon had enjoyed the pool at E Frank's last weekend so Landon got one this weekend - he must have a way of talking his dad into things or maybe his dad likes to spoil him as much as he can. I have heard that with the pool comes a cabana boy (Mike) who will clean it and take care of it while in the hot sun with his shirt off - guess I win in this deal too. Jake seems to think it was a gift for him and I am not sure what Ella thinks of it yet but I'm sure I will find out tomorrow.
No pictures to post for the weekend. I left the digital camera behind and asked Mike to take some pictures but his response after we talked was "it was too hectic to take any pictures". I took two pictures of the plantation with a disposable camera but still have 25 to take before you will have a chance to see them.
Glad to be home!
3 comments:
Who knew South Boston was a haven for pampering and relaxation...all this time I have been using the town as a pit stop and fast food locale for our trips to Stuart!
How did the kids do on your return? Mine always have 2.6 minutes of "I missed you sooooo much" then proceed to act out every frustration from the weekend just to be sure I didn't miss anything!
Brooke I am so glad you took some time for yourself. You deserve it! I'm glad you got to see Beave. I miss her. Have a good week.
I had a great time too! Doesn't get much better than spas, saunas, wine, and peace and quiet. Most of all I loved catching up and laughing! I miss it already.
Hi Amy!
Post a Comment