We stayed at home all day and it was great. Landon had an awesome day
with no accidents and even a dry diaper in the morning and after nap. His special treat for the whole day was getting the engine Gordon. He is doing so well I almost don't want to say anything in fear that I may cause something to happen.I was able to get several things done today around the house and marked off of my list. It's always such a good feeling to even mark one off but then I tend to add about 10 more. These days I have to write everything down or I will forget it almost instantly. I like to believe that is because as soon as I think of something that I hear someone say "mommy!!" and I am off to something else.
Today I decided I was going to try my hardest be the easy going mom that I always think I am. We danced, colored, ate cookies after lunch, watched Thomas, played train, and played outside. It was indeed a fun day and on our venture outside Ella decided she was hungry enough to eat potting soil. She then tried to eat chalk so we moved on to the backyard where we went to see how much water was in the sandbox after the 10 inches we received last night. Ella usually doesn't get to play in the sandbox as she tries to eat the sand, but today I am the easy going mom. She crawls in and out of the sandbox, puts some in her mouth and then crawls over the bottom rung of Landon's ladder to land face first in dirt. She was so dirty I had to go and get the camera. By the time she made it to the back door she had stopped to play in dirt several times, pulled up my petunias, and dumped a frisbee full of water out on her. I thought about hosing her off outside but was told by Pops that it would be cruel as the water was cold. So we had bathtime before dinner. Mike made it home to two clean children in the pajamas and dinner with homemade mashed potatos and everything. Guess I am buttering him up before I leave for the weekend.Rest well.
2 comments:
I just have to laugh about the writing down of things. I used to have about 23 lists going at one time, then made a computer printout of my weekly schedule with columns and room for menu, etc. It cracks everyone up but it is the only thing that keeps me going! Keep writing, sister!
That's my girl! Smell that dirt, eat that dirt, feel that dirt. You're going to have a green thumb and love to make things grow just like your Nannie. Being outdoors is wonderful and getting dirty is fun. That's what bubble baths were made for - to get clean for all that indoor stuff.
Pops says angels can get dirty too!
Post a Comment