
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Mainly a day at home for us besides an outing to sign the kids up for swimming lessons and dinner out with Mike's mom and brother (and family). They are parent/child lessons so Mike and I both will be attending/learning. Hoping to be able to teach Landon to float instead of sinking like a cement block after he loses his footing.
Ella slept again until 10:00 AM this morning which I could get used to. Now that I have said something she will probably wake up at the crack of
dawn. I think our bodies are still trying to adjust and she seems to be very happy with more sleep and I wish Mike and I could make ourselves go to bed early and then have the oppportunity to sleep in. Some more pictures from our trip. Friday night we headed across Portland to a brew pub for dinner and it seems that everyone in Oregon is crazy about brewing their own beer as they were also having a "Brewer's festival" in town which we didn't choose over the free music. There was some good old bluegrass at the park with lots of people just chilling out or maybe not chilling since it was still in the 90's at this time. Ella had a fun time picking all of the clover flowers and bringing them to us, and she found a way to climb up into the str
oller standing in it dancing seeming to try to tip it over. Mike and I have noticed that as she walks up to any object her leg automatically lifts to try to climb onto it. It is some type of reflex that makes us always watch every move she makes. Landon on the other hand always asks us if he can jump onto or off of something and if he can go up and down the stairs. Polar opposites. Back to the concert - Landon preferred playing ball with Mike, swinging and then dancing on occassion. So much fun can make a kid thirsty!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time. Too bad you couldn't combine the bluegrass and the beer festival! Congrats on the sleeping late; I've been silently thankful (not wanting to say it out loud and tempt the sleep gods) that Kate is making it to 6:15!
Post a Comment