Thursday, March 30, 2006


Wednesday, March 29th

A testimony - tonight Landon enjoyed church very much as we had the choir from Georgetown College come and sing for us during dinner. Landon and Ella both sat attentively the whole time and clapped after each song. We were happy to be able to host two from the choir for the evening at our home. Landon asked them to play train, sang for them and also snuggled up on the couch as he watched his nightly video. However, the most meaningful moment for me was when we were at church and Landon saw one of the artworks on display he told one of the choir members "That was a picture of Jesus", she replied "you are right" and then he said "He loves me soooooooooo very much". There is so much we can learn from children.

On a completely different side - I have never used the self cleaning feature on my oven so today I decided to give it a try. I can't believe that on my double oven that they would make one self cleaning and one not, but sure enough they did. Anyway - I am not exactly sure how it all works but it locked the oven and started it's 3.5 hour cleaning. Glad I didn't have anything to cook!! At some point I tried to turn on the light just to look, but it beeped at me and stayed locked down. I am assuming it just heats up really high until there is nothing that can survive. In the end I am happy with the results and even though I didn't have to lift a finger, except to turn it on, felt like I accomplished a lot today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just pushing a button to clean the oven is great! 3.5 hours beats that time we cleaned your oven in Richmond when you were moving out on New Years Eve - remember? I think the oven cleaner took some of my brain cells with it, that stuff almost made me black out. Don't do that on the second oven with the children in the house.