Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still not getting better with my posting ability. Kids have been great! We have had snow one day and 6 days later having weather in the upper 70's. The snow was beautiful and kept us inside coming up with entertaining ideas. The warmer weather brought outside chores and time to even play in the water.
Landon is doing so well with school work. Today in geography he told me that he learned the location of all of the Mexican states. I was a bit confused as I thought he meant the Central American countries but sure enough he learned all of the states that make up Mexico. I am not sure of any of them but maybe one day it will be helpful. He has also been a good big brother by taking Eli and Ella and our friend Luke for rides around the back yard in the "yellow hummer".

Ella has had a little sick spell where she had an asthma attack. We didn't know that she had asthma but since I grew up with it I had a very good idea that it was the case. She gave us a good scare. We have been going through quite a bit of different meds but she is a trooper. Outside of that she continues on her string of collecting things. With the warmer weather she has been collecting worms. Or shall I say, she finds a worm and then carrying them around for hours. She carried one around last Saturday and ran in the house to show me, it was probably 6 inches long . As she tapped me on the back to show me I kind of jumped out of my seat. I tried to calm myself down quickly and praise her find but I am still not as much of a bug lover as she. She even finds the dried up ones and wants to keep them. She would swing it around like a jump rope, carry it, squeeze it, wash it and so forth. After it was drowned (lifeless) in love she let Daddy hold it. He quickly sent it away and she was not so happy when she went back to get her wormy. It's ok, she found another within minutes.
We have decided that Eli is part rooster. He will climb to the highest point he can and stand there waiting for attention. There are very few things he hasn't learned to climb on. Luckily we can get to him pretty quickly to keep him from falling but I am sure he will take more tumbles than the other two ever did. His other favorite is just being outside. He wants to be outside all the time. Today he had so much sand in his diaper, which I still can't figure out how it got there, that I had to give him a bath before I could let him take his nap.

I really am going to try to post more often so I don't miss so much but I know my track record isn't so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you manage to do it all; I can barely keep up and I have two. The youngest is 5, which helps tremendously with freeing hands. Somehow I still seem to be incredibly busy. Doing what, I don't know.

I can so relate to the worms! I used to carry around the wooly ones until I wore the fur off their middles.

I'm impressed with Landon's knowledge. Big info for such a little boy! I don't think India even knows that Mexico has states...