Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Eli is 17 months old today. It is hard to believe how fast it is all flying by. Right now he is napping away after a big morning. I spontaneously decided to take the kids to a play this morning at the nice "theatre" downtown today. It was a traveling group putting on "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" and other stories. We lucked out and were 3 rows from the front and in the center. The whole place was packed with school groups and Landon and Ella were excited. With our slow mornings we got there in just the nick of time and barely had to wait. When the show started Landon and Ella were mesmerized and Eli was in the "love, hate" relationship that he was in when we went to the zoo. He would watch and clap and then he would cry. He did this only about 5 - 10 minutes this time and then calmed down and enjoyed the whole show. Afterwards we snuck right out before any group left so we didn't have to wait at all. Then we went to "Daddy's tall tower" to meet Daddy for lunch. After lunch Eli enjoyed looking out of the 28th floor window while I nervously held his shirt and pulled him back from leaning on the window with all of his weight. I know that he can't fall out but it makes me very very nervous. Then I ran into a friend of mine from my IBM days. It was so nice to catch up and the kids were well behaved and waited patiently. Now I see why Eli was eager for his nap.

The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days. Yesterday we went on a picnic at the playground to enjoy the sunshine. Later that day we made cupcakes but you couldn't tell from looking at Ella could you?

1 comment:

Delane said...

Wow Brooke, I impressed with all the consecutive posts. I enjoyed catching up on what you guys have been up to. Look forward to seeing you guys this weekend.