Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's another rainy couple of days. We have been inside hanging out and trying to keep our sanity. Of course with the kids there are enough laughs to keep us going each day. The latest are from Ella..... When I went to pick her up at preschool yesterday the teacher came to me with a very serious look on her face and said "Can you please work with Ella on keeping her clothes on?" I was a bit concerned until she told me that she gets ready for the bathroom way before she actually gets to the bathroom. THEN she said that in music that Ella announced she was getting hot and then started shedding her clothes. That one is a little more worrisome for me but I think we can work on it. Later in the day Ella had a follow-up with her allergist since there were no brothers there to steal any attention she had them wrapped up. She talked to every nurse there and showed her doctor what he thought were "pirouettes" and she said no. He then asked if there were just "spins" and she said no again - "they are princess twirls". He made sure he called them the right name for the rest of the visit. The last funny for her I will mention that day is after she saw a picture of a pretty sunshine she enlightened me by saying "it may be sunny at our house" (this was on Tuesday when it actually was) "but it is moony at my pink house". Each of them crack me up every day and I hope to share more of them with you.

I will note that our "struggle" right now is we are trying to keep Ella's blanket in her bed during the day. This will be a huge issue for her as she is used to carrying this thing around everywhere she goes. Today she did very good since we were around the house but she mentioned several times that "squishy lovey" (the blanket's name) was sad, scared, and lonely at different times. She was trying to talk me into letting her get it and bring it out but after quick distractions she did very well. We will see how it goes tomorrow - I am sure squishy lovey will have many other issues to be discussed.

Pictures from today are of my Ella wide open last March. It's amazing that a year has passed. As I look at these pictures it seems like yesterday. She keeps me on my toes!

No comments: