Saturday, December 30, 2006
We continued the week with more visits from friends, a trip to Stuart and a
marshmallow roast. The weather has been chilly but certainly not cold and we have enjoyed a lot of time outdoors. On Wednesday evening our neighbor invited us over to a warm fire on their back patio. They had all the fixins for s'mores and plenty of skewers to roast mashmallows. I thought the kids would love the chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers but neither one of them was taken by them. Landon enjoyed eating some chocolate bars and Ella some graham crackers, I ate a roasted mashmallow and Mike ate the s'mores and chocolate that we couldn't get the kids to eat. Landon and Ella mostly liked being outdoors at night with other children their age and diving into a mountain of leaves then rolling down to cover every inch of their bodies in cold wet leaves.
marshmallow roast. The weather has been chilly but certainly not cold and we have enjoyed a lot of time outdoors. On Wednesday evening our neighbor invited us over to a warm fire on their back patio. They had all the fixins for s'mores and plenty of skewers to roast mashmallows. I thought the kids would love the chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers but neither one of them was taken by them. Landon enjoyed eating some chocolate bars and Ella some graham crackers, I ate a roasted mashmallow and Mike ate the s'mores and chocolate that we couldn't get the kids to eat. Landon and Ella mostly liked being outdoors at night with other children their age and diving into a mountain of leaves then rolling down to cover every inch of their bodies in cold wet leaves.
Thursday Mike went to work (only 2 days this week) so we headed to Stuart for a quick visit to Gammy's. The kids love to visit and play with different toys (including some from their daddy's childhood) and going to the Coffee Break where they had their first taste of Bugles. Landon was more fascinated with putting them on his finger than the taste but Ella ate her share the crunchy
corn fingernails. After lunch Ella was supposed to nap, however, I found out that I set up her pack'n'play a little too close to the vanity as this was the scene when I heard her making noise 45 minutes later. She had markers everywhere, marks on her clothes and sheets after emptying two packs of markers! Friday Mike had the day off and Beave came down for a visit. Beave
brought Ella her first Care Bear (I can't believe how things roll back around from my childhood) and Landon the coolest DVD that was a video with him in it. Landon enjoyed watching him in the movie and if you are interested in finding out where she got it let me know and I will email you the site. Ella has even enjoyed it, especially seeing brother dance in the movie. [I am posting a picture from today where Ella continued to try to put a diaper on her care bear. She ended up with about 8 in the den with her attempts - so far not one has stayed on.] I was able to go out for a girl's lunch to a yummy cafe in the Arts District. After a tasty quiet lunch catching up we walked around to all of the art shops and wished we were talented enough to make some of the amazing pieces that were there. They have quite the variety of jewelry, glass, paintings, stained glass, beaded items, and vintage collectibles as well. Mike was
certainly itching for us to get back so he could take a leisurely stroll to his store of choice - Lowe's Home Improvement. He spent a couple of hours buying supplies for his first project in the condo. Later in the evening Keith, Shay Shay, Kasey, Ta Ta and Zen stopped by for a visit. It is great to see them especially since we didn't have dinner club this month. They all helped Mike assemble the last pieces to his table saw and question my sanity for getting it for him for Christmas.
brought Ella her first Care Bear (I can't believe how things roll back around from my childhood) and Landon the coolest DVD that was a video with him in it. Landon enjoyed watching him in the movie and if you are interested in finding out where she got it let me know and I will email you the site. Ella has even enjoyed it, especially seeing brother dance in the movie. [I am posting a picture from today where Ella continued to try to put a diaper on her care bear. She ended up with about 8 in the den with her attempts - so far not one has stayed on.] I was able to go out for a girl's lunch to a yummy cafe in the Arts District. After a tasty quiet lunch catching up we walked around to all of the art shops and wished we were talented enough to make some of the amazing pieces that were there. They have quite the variety of jewelry, glass, paintings, stained glass, beaded items, and vintage collectibles as well. Mike was
certainly itching for us to get back so he could take a leisurely stroll to his store of choice - Lowe's Home Improvement. He spent a couple of hours buying supplies for his first project in the condo. Later in the evening Keith, Shay Shay, Kasey, Ta Ta and Zen stopped by for a visit. It is great to see them especially since we didn't have dinner club this month. They all helped Mike assemble the last pieces to his table saw and question my sanity for getting it for him for Christmas.
As for today, Mike took his supplies and started his project. He is making shudders for his condo!! He cranked up the table saw (after I read him the instructions aloud) and away he went. I even spent some time in the condo organizing his tools and thousands of little screws and such that he has collected over the 7 years we have been married. By the end of the day it looks pretty good and I think you could find most anything you were looking for. The table saw worked well for his project but somehow I got to paint the primer onto most
of the boards. I guess it just reassures us that we should focus on what we are good at or enjoy as Mike gets very impatient with painting unless it involves using a gadget of some sort. The kids spent most of the day outside in the backyard torturing the dogs by throwing leaves on them, not throwing their sticks and telling me everytime they saw dog poop in the yard (which with 3 dogs here right now means a lot of poop). I did get this shot of Landon in the cool shades that were given to me this Christmas - the kids love playing with them which is the most use they will get. It's a tight game for the Hokies now and I can't watch due to the suspense!
1 comment:
Somehow s'mores always sound better to children than they actually taste! Our girls eat each part separately.
Love the photos, especially Landon in his shades and Ella's Picasso moment.
Post a Comment