HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a blast ringing in the New Year! New Years haven't been as crazy as they were prior to kids but we still have a lot of fun. Nannie and Pops stopped by for a visit yesterday on their way back from Atlanta where they witnessed the sad Hokie game that I am trying hard to forget. Landon and Ella were excited to find them here after their naps and wasted no time getting them involved in games and spoiling. Landon won a game of 2 yard
football in the basement against Pops and Ella ate plenty of M&M's as Pops ALWAYS has M&M's for them.Later in the evening we went to our friends Keith and Shay's to
have dinner and hang out. Always fun seeing everyone and I must say that Zen and I won the game of 80's Trivial Pursuit but I must give most of the credit to Zen as he is great at trivia - I don't know how he knows some of that stuff but it was a lot of fun. Ella and Landon played with Kasey all evening without wearing down. By 10:00 we thought we should take our toddlers home to get them in bed so we wouldn't pay the price today. When Ella s
tepped foot in the house she began dancing and didn't stop for 30 minutes when we finally convinced her to drink some milk. I found out after the dancing episode that Danny had given her Coke which gives me the scary thought that caffeine and Ella don't mix well, or don't mix well for bedtime at least. Landon wanted to stay up and watch some football and ended up playing a little dress up to bring in the New Year. We did finally get him in bed a bit after 11:00 or so. I stayed up to see the ball drop, kiss my husband, and snap the first photo of my kids in 2007! After that I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.Today we woke up to a lake in our backyard and I thank God for keeping our basement dry! We
have had so many issues in the past, however, this time our neighbors basement flooded about 1.5 foot. I think they reported that we
received 3.5 inches of rain overnight. That kept us indoors all day (except for Mike trying to help drain the yard). I ventured on cooking the traditional New Year's meal but the kids weren't too much on collard greens (neither was Mike) or black eyed peas. Need to work on their southern tastes. The kids don't realize the changes in the calendar but I must say that I look back on 2006 with many smiles, many laughs, many happy memories and realize that time is flying faster and faster. I hope you all soak up every day of the new year and enjoy the blessings from God in each hour!
1 comment:
The shots of Landon and Ella sleeping are indescribably adorable; they look so sweet.
I have to say I've never liked the traditional New Year's meal either. Just can't do it...
Post a Comment