Tuesday, January 23, 2007


Tuesday, January 22, 2007


Still chilly around here and I think Landon may be getting sick. He has a cough that just started today but I don't like the sounds of it. He is still happy and playing but seems a little tired. I think with all the crazy weather we have going on that it is inevitable.

Outside of that we had a high and low weekend. We were able to celebrate a friends 3rd birthday on Saturday and sadly went to the funeral of a gentleman who lost his battle to cancer at the age of 57 on Sunday. The birthday party was very fun and Landon enjoyed the cake most of all, or shall I say the cake icing. Ella had a great time exploring Rami and Ada's toys and eating grapes and strawberries. My favorite part was getting to see Lillie there enjoying the play time with friends. She is one amazingly tough little girl and with all that she has going on she seemed as happy, as hungry and as playful as every child there. Rami's party was actually scheduled for Sunday but due to weather concerns they moved it back. It worked out really well but we were also thankful that Sunday didn't turn into a slippery icy day around here. It's just hard for me to believe how fast these kids are growing up. As for Sunday it was cold and rainy here but seemed very much like the matching weather for the mood. The gentleman was the husband of my friend who goes to Bible study with me and I just ask that anyone out there that reads this that they would keep the family in your prayers as they mourn the loss of a father, a husband, a son, and a great person all around.

On Monday we headed out for Ella's very first haircut. I had high expectations and was very excited but in the end I think I built it up just a little too much. After dropping Landon off to stay with Gammy we headed to a local salon and they sat Ella in my lap, decided she wasn't going to wear the nice coverdoodle thing (I can't think of a name for that to save my life at this minute) and then snipped about 4 snips and said she was done. She fought it at first but as soon as they gave her a lolli-pop she was waving and saying hi to everyone. As you can see from the before and after pictures she wiggled a bit, or enough to get a bit of an uneven trim up front. I didn't want to go much shorter so I didn't worry about it. I have decided that I can cut hers at home if that was all it takes and save myself some organizing of schedules and babysitting. She does look a ton different every time I look at her and I think the haircut aged her about 4 months (which for her age is a pretty big difference).
Hope everyone out there is doing well and that you are staying warm in the winter weather we are having (I wouldn't doubt if it is 70 again in 2 days).

No comments: