Friday, January 12, 2007






Friday, January 12, 2007

Sorry for the delay, however, we have been getting a lot done. Last weekend we enjoyed the beautiful weather with a trip to play putt putt. Landon loves it just as much as he always has and didn't get a hole in one this time but Mike was pleased with 4 holes in one. Ella had the most fun just running around and climbing over things. We were thrilled to have visits from Nannie and Gammy this week and a trip to Gammy's house too. I was able to get some yardwork done (including cutting Mike's extension cord in two with the hedge trimmers). I also accomplished one deep cleaning task - Landon's two closets. We actually just removed the doors. We have an older house and there were two sets of double sliding doors for his closets and each set had one door that wouldn't work. It made for a dumping ground of I can't open the door to see it so it's not really there. With mom's help we removed the "60 lb a piece" doors (which is the upside of an older house, they used solid quality materials) and emptied out everything. My mom also bought the kids a "motherload" of clothes which I needed to make room for which is a good motivator.

Bathtime at our house has become an hour long adventure these days. The kids now demand a bubble bath and play in the water until their lips are purple. Along with tub crayons and bubble bath paint the could stay in all day if we let them. The only issue is that the purple crayon doesn't seem to clean off as easily and requires some bleach and work. With that I have taught Landon how to use an old toothbrush on the grout so hopefully in the next month I will have him scrubbing the kitchen too.

As for talking - Ella has started announcing when she is "stinky" or even when she is going "stinky". It all just makes me realize that soon enough she will be out of diapers too and they are just growing up!!! As for Landon - the other day Aunt Caroline took him to the potty and asked if he needed to "pee pee" but then quickly changed it to "tinkle" and Landon said yes he needed to tinkle but then informed Caroline "pee pee is the Spanish word for tinkle". He often likes to come up with "Spanish" words and believes that Ella speaks more Spanish than English.

It's been a busy and fun week and I hope you all have been blessed with fun, adventure and family time.

No comments: