Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Still making decorations for the tree and preparing to make our very first gingerbread house. I was hoping to have already accomplished that but we have been trying to get our Christmas card pictures sorted out and selected and I finally ordered them today. I also took Ella to get her picture taken and boy is that ever an experience. She so easily says "chizzz" for the camera as she is getting out of the chair or standing up from her pose or as the snoodles twinkle just below her nose. Her hair is another story and I can't ever seem to get it to stay put. This morning I seriously considered breaking out some hairspray until I realized - I don't own any. My only option was a year old shape and shine gel but I couldn't get it to even come out since the top was so crusty. I guess I should keep more products on hand but we are low maintenance hair people in our house. I love Mike's low maintenance hair and I don't think it would make a difference if he used shampoo or dish soap (however he may smell different). I am really hoping Landon gets the same texture of hair his daddy has as it is truly easy maintenance. Speaking of which, I need to go and help Mike cut his now. Landon's due for another cut soon but luckily I cut theirs but not my own! I haven't ventured to cut Ella's either and she may have hers grow to her knees as getting her to sit still for 2 seconds to take a picture was impossible, I can only imagine what a haircut attempt would end up like. Back to Ella's picture, she wouldn't sit still and her hair was everywhere but she is still cute. I did get two poses that I liked well enough to buy. Her busyness is just a reminder that it may just be in the genes. My mom always battled my hair and my uncanny ability to get anything girly or pretty dirty within minutes. My mom recently confessed to me that her mom said she was the same way so it is highly unlikely that Ella will be posing with a clean face, curled hair and perfectly neat clothes anytime in the near future. This is all what makes Ella Ella and I love every bit of it. I have gotten some great pictures of her though that she will have for years to come (even if they aren't professional).


No comments: