
Friday, December 1, 2006
So now I have a complex! Tonight while checking on Landon who was laying quietly in his dark room admiring his little ceramic Christmas tree (so I thought) he said to me, "I'm just rubbing right here (his forehead) because something isn't right". Of couse I was worried that he had hit something and got a bump on his head so I asked what wasn't right about his forehead. His reply "it doesn't have lines". Sure that he would say his teacher at preschool or daddy or someone else I asked who does have lines. YOU DO! Now I am a wrinkled old woman who always thought that I would be the fun young mom and have my babies by the time I was 25. When I was 25 I was sure I was young and waited a few more years. Now I am old and so not hip, at least he isn't embarrassed by me yet. I quickly asked if daddy had lines and he replied yes so I was feeling a bit
better.Other than that end to the night we had a good day with a trip to get the oil changed in the van. Luckily they had a nice playroom and even had videos we could pick out. After only 10 minutes of "The Best of Elmo" they called us to pay and get the van. Way too soon for the kids who loved being in a playroom watching a video. Soon enough we were out of there and off to Costco where Landon enjoyed the shrimp scampi samples and Ella devoured the cream puffs. The rest of the day was spent indoors at home as the wind was blowing so hard today that the swings were swinging without me pushing and all of our leaves in the pile in the driveway are now in the front yard, the back yard and the neighbors yard!
Pictures today are random ones from the last couple of weeks. I didn't dare take a picture of my wrinkles.
3 comments:
If Landon sees wrinkles on you I shudder to think what he would find on my 37 year old face! Maybe he's heading for a career in dermatology.
I think of you every time I am offered a sample at Sam's...and I always pass them on to the girls. Such good advice.
Ha! I am still smiling. I may have gray hair but you got the wrinkled forehead. Just kidding (sort of). You probably don't have wrinkles but are always raising your eyebrows in surprise or inquisition. That has to be it.
By the way - love the picture of Ella and Landon hugging. It is killer!
Lines are good...... Signs of great wisdom....... More Lines... More Wisdom.... Trust me!!!! That's my boy^%$#@!!!!
Post a Comment