
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Happy 20th Anniversary to Mom and Frank (yesterday). I hope that you all had a great day and that you were able to enjoy some time together. We were all thinking of you yesterday!
We have had a good week so far with lots of time outdoors enjoying the pretty weather. We have have been able to spend some quality time at home just playing during the days. Mike and I went out to a work
dinner on Monday and enjoyed eating tasty food in a beautiful setting, even though we didn't get to sit beside each other. It was a nice time and I look forward to several more Christmas parties. Ella had her 18 month checkup and still running about the same on all of the percentiles. She and Landon got a flu shot and I would have to say Landon was a champ about it and didn't even whimper. Ella had a short cry but afterwards they were ready to carry their stickers home and play in the leaves.Our favorite part of the week had to be last night at church we had an Advent workshop and Landon made so many crafts and ornaments. He also got to see his good friend Lillie Boyte and she looked great. It amazes me how well she is doing and how she continues to smile. Lillie is going to start another round of chemo tomorrow so we ask that you pray for her as she continues treatments. Luckily they will remain here for this round of chemo and will be here for a few more weeks before heading back to Memphis.
Today I ventured out with Ella to do some Christmas shopping while Landon was in preschool
and boy was that interesting. Interesting probably isn't the best word but I am trying to keep a positive attitude. I have done most all of my shopping online except for some odds and ends so we went to our favorite Target where Ella did ride in the shopping cart (because I had her strapped in so tight she couldn't even sit up straight) but cried much of the time. Then on to one other store and I won't mention names only because I got a bit frustrated and was about in tears. After speaking with the managers I calmed down and checked out to get Ella strapped back in the van and off to pick up Landon. I am going to try to stay away from any other stores over the weekend and hopefully will only have to make a couple of more runs to be done (and hopefully will have someone to watch the kids - mom and Ella Sue - was that subtle enough?).
1 comment:
I know you don't care for shopping either so I totally understand. The only thing worse than a day of shopping is trying to shop with a toddler in tow!
Due to our geographic isolation and lack of family nearby I've had to do most of our shopping on line, but tomorrow I am planning a trip across the Bay BY MYSELF to finish up. I can go into a public restroom and not spend the entire time shouting "I don't know what it is, but DON'T touch it!" or "DO NOT open the door yet!".
Post a Comment