
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
It has been a good day here in the Joyce household. We ran some errands this morning including a stop at the pet store where Landon and Ella both enjoyed seeing the fish, the rabbits, many hamsters (brings back many childhood memories for me and maybe for Amy too, but probably not too many fond memories for my mom who had to revive my hamster on several occasions). Later on Landon was able to have lunch with his cousin Kelli and then Nannie came back - yeah. Ella of course woke early from her nap just to play with Nannie and keep everyone on their toes.
Talking with mom tonight reminded me that I hadn't shared one of my Landon stories from our trip to the beach. He is always challenging me to think harder and to be one step ahead of him but on this occasion I tried to keep things simple. We were riding through the rural areas of South Carolina trying to get to the beach and
the only thing I could find for entertainment (or what I thought may be entertaining) was large round hay bales in fields - pretty desperate I was. So I say "look Landon at those large round circles out in the field there are soo... (many I think we should count them - this part in parentheses is what I was going to continue if Landon had not cut me off abruptly) - Landon quickly says "ACTUALLY mom - they are HAY! Well of course they are - thanks for ruining my fun. Guess we will just be more serious then!You may be disappointed in me as I haven't been taking many pictures and really don't think I have even taken one of Landon in the last 3 days. Ella - I did get a picture of her in Nannie's hat but the picture didn't turn out nearly as cute as she was in person.
Cheers to all and Happy week before Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
Love Ella's new hair-do! Sounds like you guy's are doing well! Hope we can get together soon!
I like the second photo. Ella is getting so big and pretty.
You know, they are trying to get farmers to stop using those round hay bales. The cows never get a square meal any more.
Glad you explained that Ella was wearing a hat. I know I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, but I was concerned that your daughter had sprouted a 'fro since I last checked in. Give that girl some bell bottoms and fringed leather vest!
Post a Comment