Friday, November 10, 2006


Friday, November 10, 2006

First I would like to thank God for everything. I would also like to thank my mother-in-law for making this week possible. I would like to thank my husband for holding down the fort and seeing us off for the week. I would like to thank my niece and nephew for playing and helping to watch Landon and Ella throughout the week. I would like to thank Chuck for reading to Ella (she preferred you and don't think I will forget that she started saying your name only 3 days after saying Ma ma). I would like to thank Cathy Lee for playing games with Landon (you won his heart). I would like to thank Barry for helping me pack the van and keep Ella happy this morning. I would like to thank Caroline (boy do I thank you) for helping me change so many diapers and smearing cream on a tiny hiney, for keeping up with my kids, and for always listening. I would like to thank all who played Catch Phrase and put up with my craziness. I would like to thank Gammy for riding back with me today and helping me so much with the kids and for the blizzard (yummy)- I guess I should thank Dairy Queen on that one too. Most of all just thanks to all of my in-laws who love me and are patient with me. I couldn't be blessed with a better family (in-laws and immediate family). OK - no you haven't tuned into an awards program where they cry or scream and say thanks so on with the program.

The week was lots of fun with time in the pool, time shopping, time playing, and time eating. The kids did well on the drives even though for a total of 10+ hours on the road Ella slept maybe 30 minutes and Landon ZERO! Landon loved the pool and went several times over the week and jumped in over 2000 times going completely to the bottom of the 6 ft deep area. Ella only visited once but loved every minute of it jumping in and going all the way under many many times. I believe Landon's second favorite outings were to the mall when it was raining and to Broadway at the Beach when it wasn't. Both had lots of fun things to do and of course good food to eat. Little Ella was talking up a storm and her perpetual runny nose stopped running upon arrival but a couple of days later something else started running. She ended up with a rash so bad that she had a hard time walking and I made it back home with 1 diaper left but thought for sure I was going to have to stop to buy more. Luckily it seems as though seeing Da da was the cure for her and she was very attached to him tonight. So much for the quiet evenings of bachelorhood.

I didn't get a lot of pictures this week believe it or not as I was either in the pool or trying to keep up with Landon and Ella.

Had a great time but glad to be home.

2 comments:

The Turmanators said...

Welcome back! Sounds like an incredibly stressful, busy and fun visit. You were brave to make that long trip with your non-car-sleepers. Hope this coming week is a relaxing one for you.

Anonymous said...

I had fun playing games with Landon (I much prefer that to diaper duty!!) Hope Ella's tummy has recovered.

Considering my 5 pound weight loss goal, I'm not sure how I ended up with the rest of the pumpkin cake at my house :)