Thursday, November 02, 2006


Thursday, November 2, 2006

Ella and I went grocery shopping today and as I looked at sale items to match them with my coupons (yes I am frugal, tight, all of the above) I kept thinking I had a lot of coupons for the sales items so a double wammy. Then I finally realized that October 31st isn't a couple of weeks away it has already past. I guess I completely forgot getting the kids dressed up and pictures and candy and the whole bit. Needless to say I only ended up with a few coupons that were good. I was trying to do some shopping for "Mike stuff" otherwise known as junk food for a couple of days while we are away. I quizzed him on what he would like (other than Wendy's) everynight and his first answer was Wendy's, next came whatever he could slap on a bun. I asked about soup and his answer was that it was a little bit too involved. I was happy with that answer because now when I make soup he can feel like he is having a gourmet meal, or just an involved meal.

After the grocery store we ran a few more errands and spent the rest of the day at home enjoying the sunny but cooler weather. Landon wasn't as interested in playing in the leaves as we have done that every day for over a week now but wanted to work in his "science" book. He has an activity book that he loves to work in. After doing that for an hour or more I felt like I had been in school all day and so I called a break to play. I spent some time playing in the leaves while the kids took naps.

Tonight I tried putting cabinet locks on all of the cabinets in our den. I wasn't very good at it and really needed a drill so I suckered Mike into helping me and now I am feeling pretty good about keeping Ella out of all of the non-toy cabinets. She is quite the explorer and loves to pull everything out of the cabinet including the box of 1,000 memory cards, the 10,000 piece puzzles and the jar of change that we are using as our savings for Mike a new car (so far we have about $20 since 2002). I think she will be quite surprised tomorrow when she comes running in trying to find the cards and puzzles and only finds that BAM - she can't get in. Guess it will be back to the fireplace to throw out the 2,000,000 little rocks under the gas logs.

Pictures today are from earlier in the week spending all that time in the leaves and playing with our neighbors cats - check out Mike's invention of the cat toy - I think he ought to patent it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Ollie cat would love Mike's cat toy! Hope y'all have a good weekend!