
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
A very busy weekend and lots of visitors. Saturday we spent the morning playing in the leaves and enjoying the sunshine. It was great fall weather with temps in the 70's. When we left last week the trees in our yard still had most of their leaves but when we returned we found the yard covered with beautiful yellow maple leaves and millions of little brown pin oak leaves and acorns. The kids enjoy them so much that it is hard to shove them all to the street for pickup so we left a
big pile on the driveway just for playtime.Sadly we attended the funeral of a friend who died unexpectedly at the young age of 37. It makes all of your minutes here seem so much more important when this happens. I find myself just taking in all of the beauty that surrounds me and enjoying the little things much more. My prayers go out to those who have lost loved ones.
The rest of the weekend and beginning of the week was filled with friends. Landon had time to play with his good friend Hannah on Sunday while the adults enjoyed some food and conversation. Monday, "crazy Aunt Beave" came for a visit and Landon quickly asked if I remembered when Beave was visiting and the lady bug flew on his arm and tickled him - this was when he was not even two or sometime long long ago but he still remembers it and associates it with Beave. We had lots of fun playing outdoors, playing downstairs, and playing (can you guess) Candy Land. Beave won at Candy Land but Landon pulled it out in Chutes and Ladders (Caroline - Beave feels the same way about that game as you do now) and really whooped up on her in memory. I think memory game is much more suited to children.
Later in the day Nannie came and it was all over for any mommy love. Landon and Ella competed for every second of Nannie's attention and were anxious to see her as soon as they woke up. However, as soon as Ella saw Nannie she did look at me and say "Pops" with a question mark shown on her face. Guess he will have to come and visit soon, or we will go and crash his birthday - yes Frank will be celebrating his birthday later this week for all of those who can give him a hard time (you should).
2 comments:
I really enjoyed my visit! It was great to catch up with the Joycekids. Boy I was pooped afterwards. I agree with Mike and Caroline, the game should be changed from Chutes and Ladders to just Ladders. Also, I am researching vitamins to take to help my memory because according to Landon, I have no matches, no cards, and no memory. My Mom says it is pay back from when I was a child and use to beat her at the same game. Love you guys!
Hey Beave!!! The leaves in the photo are awesome. Great photos. I'm very sorry about your friend.
I ate at Michael's steak house in Collinsville today and it really took me back to the days when you, Mike, Beave and everyone would eat there during Mike's Collinsville years.
Post a Comment